Ox, now that the season is over.....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanx Ox. Over at the G'ville Slime message board, they stopped letting my honest assessments of Fooley in regards to football get posted, Well looky looky, it appears that Fooley strode into CSU with his typical arrogance and attitude and they shoved it right back into his grill. Fooley probably thought he would offer a couple MIL and an invite to G'ville for a game and they told him what I would have told him FOAD: Go Away!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124386 said:
Lot of truth here. But there's actually fewer morons here than the other sites, if you can believe it.

GSMB proves this statement true.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I wanted to say has already been said. So... huge thanks, this place rocks.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124386 said:
Lot of truth here. But there's actually fewer morons here than the other sites, if you can believe it.

:headshake:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Lots of knob slobbing going on here. Everybody was kung fu fighting, those cats were fast as lightning. ok, stream of consciousness over. I enjoy this board immensely.
I particularly enjoy the podcasts. Keep up the good work Ox.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Much thanks with admiration for constructing a board that keeps all us onbored.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Ox, you have great entertainment chops, turning a braintrust of work-slackers and malcontents into the best gator message board on the internet. h/t

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n124434 said:
Lots of knob slobbing going on here.
Why do you think I made it a sticky? :dance2:

In all seriousness, there is no board without all the participation. People show up and post, that's all I can ask for. Do you know we're getting over 10,000 unique visitors a month? Hell, 2,000 the last two days. Not bad for a forum that's less than 6 months old in a down period of UF football.

Now, about 90% of that 10,000 are lurkers. So I'm now talking to YOU guys. Register and post! It's a whole different experience.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I did not know this board existed until GSMB came back online and someone on there mentioned gator chatter. How did others know about the inception and existence of this board initially? true story, my wife was ecstatic when GSMB went down, not so much when I found gator chatter

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We had almost no rivals on the GSMB, either. It may have had something to do with UF being so dominant during that stretch of 06-09. We killed everyone.

The ONLY regular UGA fan in all my years on the GSMB was Mr. SEC. He came over here too, but never posted again after we beat them a few weeks ago. :rolleyes: He'll show up again eventually, acting like nothing ever happened.

Also, in all those years there was only one regular FSU fan, the late Muncie Nole. He was hilarious and we miss him. It's a shame (for him) that FSU won the title the season following his passing. He was the only one with the balls to enter into the lion's den during our six-game win streak against them.

Now, the Vols are a little different. Despite a ten-year winning streak, they had a few guys that showed up and stayed for a while, although Alvin is the only one to stick it out this long. I'm actually forgetting screen names now, although some will remember and remind me. The one dude used to call me "oxfartsmeller", which was his idea of a massive burn. They used to spout off every year about how they were going to beat us this time, and try to make avatar bets and so forth. Good times.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n124458 said:
This is a good point. I was a lurker at the other sight for over a decade. Never commented. But I surely would have been banned within a week for my strong opinions. Thanks for keeping it real.

I agree with ya, I lurked for year or two on that other site but I never signed up nor commented.

I am not sure how I found this place but after lurking here for a week, I decided this place was where I wanted to join and discuss with other Gator fans....

So thanks Ox for making this all possible

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just remembered: VOLinMiami. :bwahaha: I wish the newbies could have seen that guy in action.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n124456 said:
I did not know this board existed until GSMB came back online and someone on there mentioned gator chatter. How did others know about the inception and existence of this board initially? true story, my wife was ecstatic when GSMB went down, not so much when I found gator chatter

Through a couple of other boards, I heard about this one.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
oxrageous;n124465 said:
Just remembered: VOLinMiami. :bwahaha: I wish the newbies could have seen that guy in action.
This may not be a popular opinion, but I always thought canething was funny. He would say some outlandish things not unlike Alvin to needle us. I was sad to see him stop posting on GSMB. Glad to see alvie came over here though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator