Pat Dooley takes a shot at you guys

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the Journal from Broward had the first story on it and something to do with a kicker that was offered "inducements" to come to UF. That said I contend that and always will that Fla did nothing but what was standard procedure in Tuscaloosa. Knoxville, Athens, Baton Rouge and Auburn. That those were basically closed societies and kept it quiet. I know that Pell was followed from Clemson for his work there but he was a Bear disciple and knew what it took to win. The penalties Fla got pizzz me to this day as harsh as they were and those mofos from the others schools just kept rolling along doing the same gdam stuff...............but I guess in the end SOS made up for all that crap.

The Sun Sentinel is probably who you're thinking about. They may have published the first story, but it was the Times' dogged pursuit of the scandal that ultimately brought Pell down. The Times was arrogant that way. If they felt there was a Pulitzer to be had at the end of the road, they sent out the dogs.

Pell was guilty of two things -- cheating and doing it in a media-heavy state. No way those other SEC coaches came under the same scrutiny. Not back in the print journalism days anyway.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...we stopped what seemed like a dozen times to greet well wishers, some of them obvious notorious types. John Reaves was one. Sandy D'Alemberte was another.

While we're reminiscing about our favorite Sandy D'Alemberte memories, mine was when his daughter posed nude in Playboy magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator