Paul Finebaum: Florida just not tough enough to deal with remaining schedule

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
just for the record, fineblah is not an alabama fan. hes a tennessee alum and that's his team. they just suck so he doesnt really have an opportunity to showcase his preference. he's pretty critical of most SEC teams, including saban and bama quite often. I also don't really find anything he stated out of bounds. You can sum up his comments by saying we are suspect and have a number of deficiencies that have been on display against poor teams, so it will probably be ugly when we face the good ones. Anyone who feels that is insane or hateraide is not an objective or realistic person. We are suspect, we have glaring deficiencies, and we've only played crap teams. This is all fact.

He sleeps with Saban.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Paul is an Alabama fan masquerading as a journalist. But, he is right about a lot. He said the first team to 17 would win the FL-Miami game. And we got there first, despite our struggles. He's right about the rest of the schedule. Anybody thinking Auburn, LSU or Georgia are going to be cake walks is delusional. We may have a chance at one of them though.
Best chance is against AU because it's at home. I've told Dog friends we finish 10-2 with losses to them (partly as a sop to them) and LSU, and I'll stick with that, at least for now.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
just for the record, fineblah is not an alabama fan. hes a tennessee alum and that's his team. they just suck so he doesnt really have an opportunity to showcase his preference. he's pretty critical of most SEC teams, including saban and bama quite often. I also don't really find anything he stated out of bounds. You can sum up his comments by saying we are suspect and have a number of deficiencies that have been on display against poor teams, so it will probably be ugly when we face the good ones. Anyone who feels that is insane or hateraide is not an objective or realistic person. We are suspect, we have glaring deficiencies, and we've only played crap teams. This is all fact.

I know he went to Ut, but if he isn’t an Alabama fan I’d sure hate to meet one. That guy is all about Alabama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know he went to Ut, but if he isn’t an Alabama fan I’d sure hate to meet one. That guy is all about Alabama.
It is Stockholm Syndrome. All Voles have had their asses beaten so badly by Lil Nick that they are now worshippers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
for starters, ive watched him call out saban in the past, and to the point where saban during a presser or interview goes after finebaum by name. the 2 of them have had feuds before. so one could say you are exagerating here, or one could say, no, hes just a super bama fan and even saban isnt good enough for his beloved bammers.

the truth is finebaum criticizes everyone, but on average does so the least for bama... now why do you suppose that might be? perhaps because they have consistently been the team least open for legit criticism? nah... hes jsut a bammer homer :rolleyes:

regardless of where you fall on the finebaum spectrum (for me its irrelevant because his opinion doesnt matter in the least), why do you and others get so butthurt about the possibility that maybe he does like bama? does that offend you or affect you in some way? honestly, who gives a sht? :dunno:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

After he graduated from Tennessee, he worked for years in Bringham covering the bleeding uturi (I think during the tail end of the bear bryant years) and spent so much time as a local Birmingham/Tuscaloosa reporter that he became very enamored/in awe of the fighting Aunt Flows and bear.

He was stationed in Birmingham or other Alabama places for like 15-20 years. He really does love the tampon cloggers, though I doubt he is a “fan” per se. for eaxample, and to his credit, he was not a complete homer/cover up guy - He reported the story about Langham getting an agent that caused him to lose eligibility.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He graduated from UT but he is 100% a Bama guy now.
He built this embarrassing radio empire solely in Alabama and he truly worships Saban to a scary level.
If you watch his show, if you can take more than a few minutes of screaming goobers ranting and raving, he pretends to be neutral until the rare caller that says something less than positive about Bama and then he shows his true colors.
Honestly, I don't know how people can stand to watch the show. As a southerner that has lived all over the country, I find the show embarrassing since it perpetuates stereotypes that exist about us. You expend a lot of effort trying to prove that not everyone in the south is brain dead and it is washed away with a single episode of the Finebaum Show.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I called in to his show and my intention was to ask him if he brings Saban breakfast in bed or do they take turns. I stayed on hold for over 20 minutes and then hung up.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
for starters, ive watched him call out saban in the past, and to the point where saban during a presser or interview goes after finebaum by name. the 2 of them have had feuds before. so one could say you are exagerating here, or one could say, no, hes just a super bama fan and even saban isnt good enough for his beloved bammers.

the truth is finebaum criticizes everyone, but on average does so the least for bama... now why do you suppose that might be? perhaps because they have consistently been the team least open for legit criticism? nah... hes jsut a bammer homer :rolleyes:

regardless of where you fall on the finebaum spectrum (for me its irrelevant because his opinion doesnt matter in the least), why do you and others get so butthurt about the possibility that maybe he does like bama? does that offend you or affect you in some way? honestly, who gives a sht? :dunno:

I totally agree about the colossal unimportance of PF's phukking opinion. I do worry sometimes that the media can have a negative effect on our national image, and hence our recruiting. But reality is still about what happens on the field, and PF and all the other running mouths in the CFB world can't change that fact. I personally believe that most of the so-called "experts" blithering away so enthusiastically about things they've never done, could be fed to the hogs without lowering the national IQ by any appreciable degree - including the crew of goons on the SEC network.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The guy is too ugly to even watch speak. Good Lord, he's been beaten by an enormous ugly stick. This is a guy who has never been given a second glance by a female in his entire life, unless it's to recoil in disgust.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How is it possible that he reportedly makes 2M a year for his **** show/shows. Every time I look at coache's salaries and some of these no talent ugly commentators, I know picked the wrong profession..

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
I wonder who the ****ers are that actually tune in to listen to this idiot. Apparently there are a lot of them. Just confirms for me that the vast majority of the population are themselves idiots.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy is too ugly to even watch speak. Good Lord, he's been beaten by an enormous ugly stick. This is a guy who has never been given a second glance by a female in his entire life, unless it's to recoil in disgust.
He doesn’t even have a face for radio.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I really enjoyed that episode after the beatdown Clemson put on Alabama this year. It looked like a funeral. He was about to cry between calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator