PD’s Postulations: Thoughts on the Kentucky Game

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I read about half-way and then stopped - too long, but I get the points.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ditto Emmit. You're correct, thinkworthy article. Thanks.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The author is a douche. I can't believe GC lets him write for them....

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Winning and having the occasional stunning loss is a lot different than losing and having the occasional stunning win. Pretend that it is last year, and that article was written every week after each of the 7 losses in a row. After about the 3rd one, it loses all it's luster, doesn't it?

Everyone spouts numbers as proof of improvement, but I disagree. It is what I see that matters. Each game I have a hopeful expectation that the coaching, play calling and execution on the field will be better. Just not seeing it. How can we make Muschamp, Driskel, and the rest of the team not settle for this anymore. To me it is team leadership...someone (or two or three) who hates losing, hates looking bad in the process, and can motivate his teammates to play at a higher level. Sometimes a coach can do that, but it appears to not be in Muschamp's DNA...so it has to fall to the players.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF said:
I posted over there for years...literally. Beginning in the 90's (around 96, 97). That dude is just a douchebag. He runs rampant over posters. More or less bullies his way around the board....and the administration lets him do it, not sure why either. I know dozens of posters who left SPECIFICALLY because of him. I quit the premium (paid) board because of him. I go over there occasionally now to read the free boards.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very nice read. Thanks for sharing. Don't mind the negative Nancies. They're never happy with anything.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
We have a long way to go from last years debacle. So far we are seeing a better, more balanced team on the field. I think
this team will continue evolve, week to week, and playing BAMA on saturday will expidite the process greatly.

The best thing from the KY game besides a "W" was that we never quit. We messed up, we hesitated, we blew coverage, we missed
kicks, but we never quit. Huge in the mental game. To me, that was way different from last year. We are hungry to improve and
get back into the conversation.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
We are spoiled as fans. I myself am guilty of it, too. Big time. But we can be better than this. We should be better than this. We should aspire to be the kind of fan that mirrors the kind of player we demand our players to be. Don’t be the guy who only accepts the smack-talking permanent domination as a reason to enjoy a team. This year is going to be a very fun and highly dramatic ride, I think. It will be worth the emotional investment. And regardless of whether you think Muschamp is the answer, or Driskel or Foley or anyone else, the staff and players are giving it their all every day. Nobody is Cadillacing it out there. Nobody is stealing a salary or scholarship. When overtime began Saturday, no Gator players were hanging their heads or shouting obscenities because they were embarrassed to be taken to overtime by a scrub program. They were figuratively joining arms and fighting with every ounce of “go” that they had. What were you as a fan doing? I know I was wanting. We shouldn’t be. We should be like the players and coaches. We should never punk out and give up on our team and program. And we might all just remember how it used to be, and reject the idiocy of the Jim Rome generation. That would be.

I feel so dirty......... :nono:

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
BMF said:
That's too bad. I don't know anything about him except that I've enjoyed reading his articles.

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
NavetG8r said:
Very nice read. Thanks for sharing. Don't mind the negative Nancies. They're never happy with anything.
Everybody's entitled to their opinion. Glad you liked the article. :)

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
TallyGator said:
Winning and having the occasional stunning loss is a lot different than losing and having the occasional stunning win. Pretend that it is last year, and that article was written every week after each of the 7 losses in a row. After about the 3rd one, it loses all it's luster, doesn't it?

Everyone spouts numbers as proof of improvement, but I disagree. It is what I see that matters. Each game I have a hopeful expectation that the coaching, play calling and execution on the field will be better. Just not seeing it. How can we make Muschamp, Driskel, and the rest of the team not settle for this anymore. To me it is team leadership...someone (or two or three) who hates losing, hates looking bad in the process, and can motivate his teammates to play at a higher level. Sometimes a coach can do that, but it appears to not be in Muschamp's DNA...so it has to fall to the players.
Yes. If that article is written 7 consecutive times it becomes a farce. There were very clearly many things wrong with the team last year. We will see if they have been corrected this year or not. That is the point. We don't yet know.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I usually don't care for that guy's articles, but I did enjoy this one. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator