PD’s Postulations: Thoughts on the Kentucky Game

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
The author is a douche. I can't believe GC lets him write for them....
BMF - You're a grown man, aren't you? How could you let someone "bully" you on a message board? I don't get that. What did he do, threaten to beat you with a comma? Dude, man up! I wouldn't let someone "bully" me in person, much less on the Internet. I haven't been on the message boards as long as you, but, I have read several of his pieces and found them to be very good.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
Winning and having the occasional stunning loss is a lot different than losing and having the occasional stunning win. Pretend that it is last year, and that article was written every week after each of the 7 losses in a row. After about the 3rd one, it loses all it's luster, doesn't it?

Everyone spouts numbers as proof of improvement, but I disagree. It is what I see that matters. Each game I have a hopeful expectation that the coaching, play calling and execution on the field will be better. Just not seeing it. How can we make Muschamp, Driskel, and the rest of the team not settle for this anymore. To me it is team leadership...someone (or two or three) who hates losing, hates looking bad in the process, and can motivate his teammates to play at a higher level. Sometimes a coach can do that, but it appears to not be in Muschamp's DNA...so it has to fall to the players.
Tally, I played on several teams: some with great leadership, some with little leadership. We had a good team - 6 state championships; however, we had some bad games. We found a way to win in the end, but, nothing seemed to go our way, during the game. Turnovers, missed tackles, penalties, dropped passes, etc., seemed to happen more the harder we tried. Our opponent could do no wrong. They were over-matched, but, made plays that they couldn't believe themselves. Let's just hope that we got our bad game out of the way. Had Pittman caught that ball during that first drive, the game could have gone much better, in the first half.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing. I agree with the thought of us not knowing what the UK game meant, that it could be an off-game for us, it could be that UK is better than anyone gives them credit for, and it could be that we aren't as good as we hoped after the first game. Likely it was a combination of several of these possibilities. Regardless, time will tell.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc said:
We have a long way to go from last years debacle. So far we are seeing a better, more balanced team on the field. I think
this team will continue evolve, week to week, and playing BAMA on saturday will expidite the process greatly.

The best thing from the KY game besides a "W" was that we never quit. We messed up, we hesitated, we blew coverage, we missed
kicks, but we never quit. Huge in the mental game. To me, that was way different from last year. We are hungry to improve and
get back into the conversation.
a big +1 on your last paragraph, my thoughts exactly.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It actually is an interesting read (from a patient pumper's perspective). I am going to reserve judgment on the season for at least another game or two.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF said:
The author is a douche. I can't believe GC lets him write for them....
Hard to explain without showing an example. Since he started "writing" for GC he rarely posts as a regular poster/message board member. And when he does it's totally toned down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator