Personal victory stories

Dec 10, 2014
Had a small personal victory yesterday that put some pep in my step. Thought I'd share so maybe other people would too. Nothing like a little victory to change the tenor of your day.

My wife gave me a $150 gift certificate to running shoe store for my bday. Got around yesterday to getting in and getting some new shoes. I have a personal philosophy that I will never pay $100 or more for running shoes. I also always go with ASICS. So I go in and look at the current "models." (Running shoes are crazy in that way). They are all over $100 with no specials. I ask the guy working if he has any older models that he would discount. He has an older model Gel-Nimbus that he'd do 30% off, which would make it roughly $90-$95. He also happened to have my size (two in fact). I asked if he'd knock off more if I bought two. He knocked off 50%. I saved $80 on great jogging shoes that will last me over a year. The best part was when I pulled out the gift card, and he kind of realized that he was getting little to no "new" money off the sale. I paid $10 bucks over my gift card. It was great

Kind of tired of the negativity of the main board on here. Was wondering if anybody wanted to share some positive personal victory stories (no matter how large or small).

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Wow, I'm starting to think you're NOT Pat Dooley now. :headscratch:

I don't think he runs.

OK, well, he runs...on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
One can wear shoes for other purposes, such as walking (rather than running) when going from the "Media Hotel" to the "Team Hotel" to get interviews....if one wished to actually do interviews.

PDS - congrats ont he deal.

Dec 10, 2014
TLB;n223361 said:
One can wear shoes for other purposes, such as walking (rather than running) when going from the "Media Hotel" to the "Team Hotel" to get interviews....if one wished to actually do interviews.

PDS - congrats ont he deal.

Haha. Well Pat Dooley certainly writes a lot about going to the gym. He never seems to reflect it though. Thanks

I hope other people contribute. Would like to hear some positive stories. Just trying something "new" on here.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like this post a lot. Funny that you bring it up, but goes to show if you don't ask for the discount you'll never know.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Police pulled me over for speeding. They gave me a ticket. I drove off without a bullet hole in me. Victory achieved.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223382 said:
I like this post a lot. Funny that you bring it up, but goes to show if you don't ask for the discount you'll never know.
It's an awful lot like asking that hot chick you been admiring for some of that poongie. Like you say, you never know if you don't ask. :dance2:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n223450 said:
It's an awful lot like asking that hot chick you been admiring for some of that poongie. Like you say, you never know if you don't ask. :dance2:

????? You mean poontang? Were you in the habit of asking or just feeling your way through?:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're refinancing our house for the 3rd time in 8 years. The first two times we took the reduction in mortgage payment, as it's mighty expensive to buy even a modest house in Seattle, and the extra cash each month helped out. This time we changed our tactic and we're able to knock 3 years off our remaining term and keep the same payment. It's like we're getting 3 years free.
:stars:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n223513 said:
We're refinancing our house for the 3rd time in 8 years. The first two times we took the reduction in mortgage payment, as it's mighty expensive to buy even a modest house in Seattle, and the extra cash each month helped out. This time we changed our tactic and we're able to knock 3 years off our remaining term and keep the same payment. It's like we're getting 3 years free.
:stars:

Why more people don't do this amazes me. It's free money.

I asked somone I know why he still holds a 5 something percent mortgage and he said he didn't want the hassle of refinancing. And it's not like he's rolling in dough. :headshake:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n223221 said:
Kind of tired of the negativity of the main board on here. Was wondering if anybody wanted to share some positive personal victory stories (no matter how large or small).
Did you see the thread about the new juco RB? Great news!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n223409 said:
Police pulled me over for speeding. They gave me a ticket. I drove off without a bullet hole in me. Victory achieved.
You need to fight them next time. If they kill you, I promise to protest.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n223520 said:
Why more people don't do this amazes me. It's free money.

I asked somone I know why he still holds a 5 something percent mortgage and he said he didn't want the hassle of refinancing. And it's not like he's rolling in dough. :headshake:

It is kind of a hassle getting all the paperwork in order and signing a thousand documents, but it's still crazy that people aren't taking advantage. We had to pay closing costs over $2K, but got to defer our first payment until July, not having to make a June payment at all. It's like we got 3 years of mortgage payments for free (over $80K). Silly not to do it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n223569 said:
This thread is inspiring.

Well, if it's inspiring you were looking for....

GYI0064268465.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still paying that fat f$kk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays