Perspective on our FB program

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My grade school didn't have AC. Junior High didn't have AC either. That was '74. Flunkem U Betcha HS was AC'd but we spent most of the time at the beach or tokin' just off campus. We had AC in the house but damn if my parents ever turned it on. If you were lucky you got one of those industrial strength fans to sleep but usually it was an all metal oscillating fan that your parents bought in the 50's.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was born in 1970 in Jacksonville and several of the schools I went to before HS didn't have A/C. DuPont Junior HS (near Bolles School) didn't have A/C when I was there in 83-85. I was bussed downtown to Matthew W. Gilbert for 7th grade (1982/83) and they didn't have A/C. Just to point out that SOME of what Law said is correct.

We had to cross the Matthews Bridge going into downtown Jax (to Matthew W. Gilbert) and I watched as they added the upper deck to the Gator Bowl. When they tore down the old Gator Bowl in 94 (for the Jaguars new stadium) they left that upper deck that was added in 82/83.
I went to those same schools...3 years ahead of you.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Well this thread turned into a geezer fest :eek:ldman::eek:ldman::eek:ldman::eek:ldman::eek:ldman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator