PFF: Pump the brakes on Trask

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
If we can develop a running game before the fourth quarter, Trask will have a lot more opportunities to throw the deep pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we can develop a running game before the fourth quarter,.
we can do that if we ran a scheme that made a tiny bit of ****ing sense.

Every mullin offense has been garbage until the 4th quarter. All the 06 SEC games were razor tight. The 08 games mostly were too. Or at loeast close until the middle of the third (and we had a 3:1 talent ratio then).

The difference is just aggressive. Mullen takes the "safe play". If there are two high safeties, ge runs option (or fake option screen pass) PERIOD. And when he see a play that works well he "circles it" and saves it til 4th quarter to use again.

He has no kill instinct. No winner in him.

SOS if ye found a matchup would pick on that same guy 10-20 times in a row. Sometime running the exact same play 4-6 times until you stoppped it. He loved putting the game away at halftime, up 35-6 or 41-0, when the rest of these conservative playcallers knew they had no prayer of catching up using their conservative methods. (And SOS used to be PISSED at half if we were up 41-3 and we missed two more TDs).

It is just the difference between Champions and Mullin.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier himself admits that his tactics wouldn't work today. But go on and keep living in the 90's Swonk.
Sure. Only 1991 Notre Dame will work.

I seem to remember SOS winning a few games recently even while he was hobbling around the broken hip and unable to control his rosters at all (choose Qb).

Joe Brady and Dabo sure struggle by throwing medium and even long (not really necessary) passes. I mean you cant find a Grad Assistant passing game coordinator who is away of the mysteries of the forward pass just anywhere.

Yup, only Muschump and Mullinz ball control run the clock out offense will work. I'm sure you're right.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m starting to get the feeling that Donk is not a fan of CDM’s O.
Well..... honestly... I like he does innthe fourth quarter in most games.

Not that abomination of loser quitfest vs Ugly of course.

Id rather drag my dick across broken glass than watch his first half offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator