PFF: Pump the brakes on Trask

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is the best QB that we've had since Danny Wuerffel.
He's a better passer than Tebow, a better mind than Grossman;

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?

Missouri is dead ass serious claiming Trask...KYLE TRASK...is better than Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow.

And you guys are ignoring it? You're just letting it go like it never happened???

BETTER than Tebow and Grossman!

You know, Tebow, the first sophomore to win the Heisman, the QB who broke Herschel Walker's SEC record for rushing touchdowns? One of the greatest college football players in the history of college football players? I trust you guys still remember Tebow? He also had the most first place Heisman votes in 2008 and only lost because haters left his name completely off the ballot. If you completely discount his rushing stats, he's still one of the best QBs in UF history. If you completely discount his passing stats, he's still one of the best RBs in UF history.

And Rex Grossman who should have been the first sophomore to win the Heisman? Rex got robbed when they gave a lifetime achievement Heisman to stupid Eric Crouch even though Grossman's back-up put up better passing numbers than Crouch. Pure anti-Gator bias labeling him a "product of the system" and discounting his stellar stats because SOS "ran up the score" even though SOS benched Rex early and often when games got out of hand. Even if you ONLY look at his stats in the first 3 quarters of games, Rex should have won the Heisman. Let me remind you what kind of sophomore season Rex had:
Grossman passed for over 300 yards in nine consecutive games during his sophomore season in 2001. He led the nation in passing efficiency, passing completion percentage and yards per attempt. Grossman was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American, was voted the Associated Press Player of the Year, and came in second in the balloting for the 2001 Heisman Trophy in one of the closest Heisman votes in the history of the award.[7][8] At the time, his 55 touchdown passes through his sophomore season were the most in NCAA history. On October 6, 2001, Grossman passed for 464 yards and five touchdowns as No. 2 Florida defeated the No. 18 LSU Tigers 44–15.[2][9] In a 2006 interview with the Chicago Tribune, Grossman cited the victory as his most memorable game as a Gator.[9] He finished second to University of Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch in one of the closest votes in Heisman Trophy history, losing by only 62 votes.[10] He earned accolades as a consensus first-team All-American, the AP National Player-of-the-Year, and finalist for other awards, including the Walter Camp National Player-of-the-Year Award, the Maxwell College Player-of-the-Year Award, and the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback-of-the-Year Award.[11] He ended his sophomore season with a 56–23 victory over the Maryland Terrapins in the 2002 Orange Bowl.[12]

Where are the torches and pitchforks???

I don't even recognize this place anymore. :facepalm:

Alex.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I always thought Mel Brooks was the lead dog on that project, but it was Gene Wlider’s baby and he pulled Brooks in for tweaks. Great great movie.

Trask. Brakes.
(ok, now I'm not derailing a thread)

Any who, coupla things that were classic:
- What great knockers you have
- Madeline Kahn as a size queen in bed w/Frankenstein and Frank smoking a cigarette
- Q: Who's brain was it that you used? A: Abby, Abby something. Abby Normal.
- Everytime someone mentions Frau Blücher's name, you hear horses neigh because it means "glue" in German
:rotfl:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Missouri is dead ass serious claiming Trask...KYLE TRASK...is better than Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow.

And you guys are ignoring it? You're just letting it go like it never happened???

You know, Tebow, the first sophomore to win the Heisman, the QB who broke Herschel Walker's SEC record for rushing touchdowns? One of the greatest college football players in the history of college football players? I trust you guys still remember Tebow? He also had the most first place Heisman votes in 2008 and only lost because haters left his name completely off the ballot. If you completely discount his rushing stats, he's still one of the best QBs in UF history. If you completely discount his passing stats, he's still one of the best RBs in UF history.

And Rex Grossman who should have been the first sophomore to win the Heisman? Rex got robbed when they gave a lifetime achievement Heisman to stupid Eric Crouch even though Grossman's back-up put up better passing numbers than Crouch. Pure anti-Gator bias labeling him a "product of the system" and discounting his stellar stats because SOS "ran up the score" even though SOS benched Rex early and often when games got out of hand. Even if you ONLY look at his stats in the first 3 quarters of games, Rex should have won the Heisman. Let me remind you what kind of sophomore season Rex had:

Alex.

After having Urg and Injun as mods here we know what handicapped looks like, now he might not be vertically challenged like midget. But he is definitely mentally challenged like injun. Ox is only picking the best people, the best.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.
upload_2020-8-20_17-51-15.gif

(JK, he’s not that good, but you gotta appreciate Missouri’s passion. Football deprivation can put you on edge a little)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Missouri is dead ass serious claiming Trask...KYLE TRASK...is better than Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow..
Or Leak or Brantley.... hell even DJ or the Dancing with the Stars/Cupcake Wars Canadian of questionable sexual orientation, NTTAWWT.

Responding to Mizzu is like going to the Special Olympics and picking on the kids, mildly amusing at first but you get bored with it. Besides, he is just an abbreviated that we finally broke Dorky Dan's Mizzu losing streak. It has to be even rougher than usual living in Missouri when the Gators somehow lose to a shtty team like that.

That being said, Id love to see Brantley, Leak or even Ole Trash w SOS, Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, even Dabo, instead of watching them run 50% read options or even fake read options to air before throwing..... a screen pass.

Trash is functional. Not great, not bad but an attrocious for an OC who only knows one thing and it isnt the forward pass.

Someone said Franks had great stats ..... uhhhhh.... what ones? You mean those "advanced stats" that CG pulls out of his ass?

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Alex.

Ummm. Well. I thought you had handled it. What more us there to say? Even Captain Obvious passed it by. And if he lives in Missouri, his life is hard enough. Why punish a clearly destitute person?

Other great quotes might include:

Kelvin Taylor is the best UF running back since Emmitt, including his dad.

Brent Heggie is our best OL since Lomas Brown.

Donovan Stiner is our best safety since Tony Lilly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
(JK, he’s not that good, but you gotta appreciate Missouri’s passion. Football deprivation can put you on edge a little)
You mean like "LACK OF PUSSY MAKE YOU BRAVE"?

48hrs.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brent Heggie is our best OL since Lomas Brown.
Brett Heggie when he isn't hurt is in the conversation. He is certainly good as we've had in a decade.

that's a bit like saying a healthy Alex Anzalone is as talented a linebacker as we've ever had. it's true but it's completely hypothetical.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
probably can't even show that film anymore.

imagine how many little snowflakes it would break.
No doubt. Seems I remember Nolte called him a racial epithet during the course of the movie. Nowadays they’d have to send in a battalion of social workers to undo the damage to the audience.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Or Leak or Brantley.... hell even DJ or the Dancing with the Stars/Cupcake Wars Canadian of questionable sexual orientation, NTTAWWT.

Responding to Mizzu is like going to the Special Olympics and picking on injun, mildly amusing at first but you get bored with it. Besides, he is just an abbreviated that we finally broke Dorky Dan's Mizzu losing streak. It has to be even rougher than usual living in Missouri when the Gators somehow lose to a shtty team like that.

Fixed your quote for you

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great Gator Quarterbacks:

Tebow, Wuerffel, Grossman, Spurrier, Leak, Reaves, Bell, Haywood Sullivan, Shane Matthews, Wayne Peace, and if you really want to go old school, a shout-out to Clyde "Cannonball" Crabtree of the fabled 1928 team.

If you are limiting yourself to QBs who played AFTER Wuerffel and only played for a single season, then why not Will Grier or Jacoby Brissett (imagine them with better coaching) or Doug Johnson or Jesse Palmer?

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great Gator Quarterbacks:

Tebow, Wuerffel, Grossman, Spurrier, Leak, Reaves, Bell, Haywood Sullivan, Shane Matthews, Wayne Peace, and if you really want to go old school, a shout-out to Clyde "Cannonball" Crabtree of the fabled 1928 team.

If you are limiting yourself to QBs who played AFTER Wuerffel and only played for a single season, then why not Will Grier or Jacoby Brissett (imagine them with better coaching) or Doug Johnson or Jesse Palmer?

Alex.

Don't forget one year wonders like Noah Brindise

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Brett Heggie when he isn't hurt is in the conversation. He is certainly good as we've had in a decade.

that's a bit like saying a healthy Alex Anzalone is as talented a linebacker as we've ever had. it's true but it's completely hypothetical.

Heggie is very good - unless he trips over Trask’s clipboard and misses 8 games.

Not meaning to bag on Heggie, but I’d say it’s more like he belongs in the room but not quite the conversation. A fine player with all the right mindset etc.

Maurkice Pouncey is clearly the best since Lomas to me. Then Jeff Mitchell. As we pack the list...David Williams, Jason Odom, Mo Collins, Tony Rowell, Mike Pouncey, DJ Humphries, Jeff Zimmerman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was OK for half of a game.

A great game, one of the greatest, but come on man.

His best season he threw for 695 yards and 6 touchdowns. In a Spurrier offense. :facepalm:

Alex.
I'm honestly surprised he threw for 695 yards. it seems like mostly what he did was handed off the ball to Fred Taylor which is a pretty good job to have.

His purpose in life seem to be to run another play while Doug Johnson ran to the sideline so SOS could explain what happened to Dougie. it actually did seem to help dog a lot do both settle down and to understand what SOS was seeing in the defense that he was not.

the beauty of spurrier's offense was that he could often call the same play three times in a row and if the defense changed it would look like different plays. the players were supposed to run different routes depending on where the corners play loser type and depending on how many safeties were high. this required the receivers and the quarterback to be on the same page and very precise.

Mullins offenses almost exactly the opposite. if the defense changes they switch the play and also in the formation. when the ball is snapped there's basically one person who's getting the ball and maybe an outlet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.