Phil Steele's top 40

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Here's how it goes on the Chatter. If someone has us highly ranked they are a genius. If someone has a ranked low then they are hacks and don't know anything about football.
And, what is wrong with this?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And, what is wrong with this?

Stupidity? Homer's? Gullible? Ignorant fan base? Entitled? Not sure what you're looking for....but it seems half this board (and other message boards) think just because "we're the mighty Gators! Dammit!" we should be ranked in the top 5. Never mind how god awful we've looked the last 6+ years.... But hey, if you want to go through life thinking we're the best, regardless of the results on the field, that's fine too. Say hello to Peter Pan for us when you get back to Fantasy Land though. :D

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Stupidity? Homer's? Gullible? Ignorant fan base? Entitled? Not sure what you're looking for....but it seems half this board (and other message boards) think just because "we're the mighty Gators! Dammit!" we should be ranked in the top 5. Never mind how god awful we've looked the last 6+ years.... But hey, if you want to go through life thinking we're the best, regardless of the results on the field, that's fine too. Say hello to Peter Pan for us when you get back to Fantasy Land though. :D
I see your sarcasm meter is broken

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier had one stupendous game (Ole Piss) that I can remember. The rest were mediocre at best. That's not to say the potential wasn't there. It was, but it had yet to be realized outside of Ole Piss and ripping the heart of out 11see a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I expect that Del Rio will be better than Grier was last year and we win the East again. But he's an unknown, so there's trepidation from sheep in the media.

Yep Grier gets over hyped some I think. It was a great 5 quarters and then when Missouri had some good tape on us he came back down to earth. I think Del Rio will probably be almost as good as Grier would have been.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep Grier gets over hyped some I think. It was a great 5 quarters and then when Missouri had some good tape on us he came back down to earth. I think Del Rio will probably be almost as good as Grier would have been.
We were suffering from Brantley/Driskel syndrome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier had one stupendous game (Ole Piss) that I can remember. The rest were mediocre at best.
Grier through 6 games, 1200 yards and 10 TDs, I think 5 were at Ole Piss. Far from stellar, other than Ole Piss.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A good QB will make everyone better. I think we've got a good one and I don't think Phil is accounting for the effect that will have on the rest of the team. Not to mention how having a FG kicker (who's a threat from the 50) will change the offense. Not saying he's not calling it smart but if LDR is the best thing since Tebow (not saying much) we are going to be a far different team than we look on paper.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
What/who the heck is McIllece Sports? Never heard of it/them. Bottom line they are retarded.
I have no clue...but the dude who runs it was on finebaum Wednesday (or Thursday) and he sounded like he use to ride the "short bus" to school .

Tennessee #1,Washington #3 and Nebraska at #7 told me all I needed to know about this site! #Garbage

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Clemson returning that offense and not being in the top 10 is retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator