Pick your favorite Gatorchatter intro video! We're now on YouTube!

Okay, just some fun here. I have no idea what to do with these, but they are really just too damn co

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ray Finkle said:
Is there a way to start your podcast with one of these? Would be a solid use of one if feasible
If I knew how to do it I wouldn't be asking if it was feasible. I throw out what pops into my head; sometimes it sticks, sometimes it sucks. Maybe you guys are right, maybe I need to go back to the padded room for a bit. You gave us four lemons, Ox. As cool as they are you just have to see that I am trying to make lemonade.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
4 might be cool if it was in a swamp or lake...but not the ocean. Gators don't live in the ocean.
As opposed to all the Gators that live in space...

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2 - because I'm thinking sports related - think about Fox Sports' intro for the NFL, action packed, robots, violence.
3 - good because it holds your attention as you try to figure out what it's painting - it would be better sped up or applied to a different theme (non-sports)
4 - I agree that it would be much better if it were in a lake or swamp with the intro music for UF home games
1 - poor guy is just left out - thought it's not bad and if I created it, I'd be proud

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, #2 if not dissembled at the end and #4 with the water source being a lake/swamp/everglades

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just made it so non-registered (lurkers) can vote on polls too. The more votes the merrier.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Swamp Queen said:
4 might be cool if it was in a swamp or lake...but not the ocean. Gators don't live in the ocean.
I voted for 4 because of the water, but I was thinking the same as Queen and NavetG8r. Lake Alice would be perfect and the music should be a gameday recording of the UF band and fans doing the "Jaws" theme.

I like #2 as well - probably fits the typical game day stuff that's used on the networks.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Swamp Queen;n21725 said:

I already posted part of this, but I'm trying out the "quote" button instead of the "comment" button...

Lake Alice would be awesome. Audio could be several game day options:

1. UF Band and fans doing the "Jaws" theme.
2. UF fight song.
3. "We are the boys"
4. Mr. Two Bits.
5. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre come the Gators!" as UF fight song begins.
6. "Go Gators, come on Gators, get up and GO!"
7. I forget the name, but I think its the standard "CHARGE" trumpet tune for the old army cavalry (but we yell "GO!" instead of "CHARGE!").

I'm sure there are a few other Gator cheers to use...

:chomp:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Who knew Ox had unlimited time and resources? :dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I may put the podcast on YouTube, so I could use these as intros. Maybe the short ones at the beginning, the long ones at the end.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like them all, but #2 was the one that got me a little pumped. Again.. since you aren't sure what to use them for... obviously I agree that the shorter ones are better for an intro.

Could it be setup to be something somebody gets the first time they click on the site? Maybe it's an advertisement you can put on Gatorsports.com... LOL

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n47056 said:
Could it be setup to be something somebody gets the first time they click on the site? Maybe it's an advertisement you can put on Gatorsports.com... LOL
Actually, that's funny. I should see if they'll let me pay them to advertise on the GSMB. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I may put the podcast on YouTube, so I could use these as intros. Maybe the short ones at the beginning, the long ones at the end.

That's a freakin brilliant idea! Could definitely draw more members to us!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n47132 said:
That's a freakin brilliant idea! Could definitely draw more members to us!
Just a little more work for me to do. :suicide:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n47144 said:

Well, it's not necessary, but youtube is a pretty large audience. Depends on how far you want to go to draw people here. How big do you want to get here?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
oxrageous;n47144 said:

Well, it's not necessary, but youtube is a pretty large audience. Depends on how far you want to go to draw people here. How big do you want to get here?
Bigger than Facebook.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
You got any more to choose from?
#4 needs to have a sailfish jump up thru the gatorhead at the end
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread