Players In The Transfer Portal

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rumored to be mutual interest between Hevesy and any guard...let me know when it’s a tackle

I get what you are saying. But, we aren't in position to be turning away high caliber guards like him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You are correct. He decommitted when Mullinz was hired.

Highly-touted OL Curtis Dunlap decommits from Florida
I thought this quote from the comments section of the linked article might get a few knowing nods from this forum: "I don’t think Florida fans will be pleased with the effort Mullen puts forward in recruiting and Hevesey & Gonzo are probably worse off. They can have all three of them."
Interesting the comment didn't include Knox. Wonder if by MSU standards he was a good recruiter. English was only at MSU for a year with CDM, so they probably didn't get the chance to discover his shortcomings.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Interesting the comment didn't include Knox. Wonder if by MSU standards he was a good recruiter.

This is actually true. I've looked into his past. He was once known as a good recruiter. For example, in 2015, he was Mullen's best recruiter. Knox routinely landed 4 stars for Mullen from RBs to WRs to DEs. He has never been elite. But, he was far from useless. I don't know what happened.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid entered the transfer portal today, one of Nebraska's top recruits last class (a top 150 player). He was committed to FSU for a long time, but flipped to Nebraska. FSU currently is at their 85 player scholarship cap, so he can't transfer in there until after the season (if that's where he wants to go):

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we dumpster diving again?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This kid entered the transfer portal today, one of Nebraska's top recruits last class (a top 150 player). He was committed to FSU for a long time, but flipped to Nebraska. FSU currently is at their 85 player scholarship cap, so he can't transfer in there until after the season (if that's where he wants to go):

He is a stud. Not many linebackers run 4.4s. He needs to add weight, but that won't be a problem. According to the huskers boards, it is a China virus transfer. He wants to play.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Report on Greene,

“Greene is a big time talent and a big loss for Nebraska as they were making some headway into Florida with some big names and have lost a few to the portal. He’s an athletic kid and excellent in pursuit and he would help any defense down the line at a Power Five level. He will take a year or so to develop but has so much to offer.” -- National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell

Early reports are that Norvell isn't interested. He wants to play closer to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.