POLL: Did Mac deliberately bring up death threats as a way out?

What is your opinions of the death threats fiasco?

• Mac brought them up off the cuff as a way to draw sympathy

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Mac planned to bring them up as way to force his way out early

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
More like Jack Hoffman.

And yes, that's the guy's real name.

Well, Todd is just a windbag who ATTEMPTS to lead people "and yet" his people skills suck and he is lazy as hell. Sound familiar? Why people follow the guy is beyond me.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Todd is just a windbag who ATTEMPTS to lead people "and yet" his people skills suck and he is lazy as hell. Sound familiar? Why people follow the guy is beyond me.
I agree. Just wanted to say "Jack Hoffman".

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sympathy. I don't think he's that smart.
I don't think he is brilliant, by any means, but @oxrageous used the word "conniving," which I agree fits my perception of his way of doing business. That's often how the laziest of slugs are able to ascend to any position of authority and manage those they think of as untermenchen. Takes less effort and reinforces internally just how smart they think they are.

Good question, I've wondered the same thing actually. He definitely wanted out, that much was clear early in the season. I wouldn't put it past him to plan something as a way to get out. Who knows.
Ditto. The whole sequence when he sprung this during the presser made me believe he had definitely been thinking about using it to escape. It was awkward in a way that reminds me of a child who has been catching hell from mom and dad for coloring on the walls and suddenly blurts out "...but Billy stole something from the store!" as a method of deflecting criticism or gaining temporary respite from mounting consequences. Personally, I think he was in the process of "staging his own death." This may or may not have been a part of that. Seemed rather spontaneous, but was available for him and he pulled the trigger.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I dont’t think he planned it, and wanted to change the subject badly as soon as it came out his mouth. No doubt he wanted out as bad as we wanted him out. Who cares if it was planned or not, just glad he’s gone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I dont’t think he planned it, and wanted to change the subject badly as soon as it came out his mouth.
Not true, he actually expanded on it later in the press conference.

You need to start watching these things sober.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thought about this quite a bit. The popular thinking is that Mac simply spoke off the cuff about the death threats in an attempt to gain sympathy. But I wonder. We know he wanted out, could he have been planning this? Personally, I think he was planning something like this for weeks.

What say you?

Discuss.

He might have wanted out, but he did want that $12 million. So no he did not bring up death threats to get himself eased out with a lower buyout.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He might have wanted out, but he did want that $12 million. So no he did not bring up death threats to get himself eased out with a lower buyout.
Actually, it's a smart way to weasel your way out and still save face and buyout money: "My family just doesn't feel safe here anymore."

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Actually, it's a smart way to weasel your way out and still save face and buyout money: "My family just doesn't feel safe here anymore."

In that case you report the "threats" real or not to your bosses so you can get out without a reduced buyout. He didn't so he was not using this mention of threats except to try to get sympathy.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like he knew what he was doing, but who in their right mind would cost themselves millions? He hated UF that much? Muschamp, Golden, Zook, etc., the list goes on and on - you coach until they fire you and take a huge check. You don't know if another payday will present itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator