Poll for best State of Florida QB ever

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
cornbread;n161518 said:
I understand your view, I guess I just like the dual threat of tebow

I have never seen a quarterback operate an offense as efficiently as Wuerfell in the college game. The closest would be Tommie Frazier for Nebraska. Tebow is great, not taking anything away from him. I think we forget how special Wuerfell was because of the media attention that Tebow got as our quarterback. I understand your position of dual threat, and honestly we are splitting hairs between the two.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n161531 said:
I have never seen a quarterback operate an offense as efficiently as Wuerfell in the college game. The closest would be Tommie Frazier for Nebraska. Tebow is great, not taking anything away from him. I think we forget how special Wuerfell was because of the media attention that Tebow got as our quarterback. I understand your position of dual threat, and honestly we are splitting hairs between the two.

I know, I went to every home game from 89 to 97 so I'm a big wuerfell fan and didn't get to see tebow live, it could be the attention tebow got from all the coverage I seen on tv, I think we both think they are 1a and 1b :thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wuerrfel sat out the second half a lot and still threw for more tds and yardage in a season that some of those guys did in a career. 4 SEC championships, a national championship, and the Danny Wuerrfel award says it all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Best football player playing the position of QB in CFB? Let me answer that question with this scenario and question....
It's 3rd and 5 in the 2nd half of a tough ass SEC contest.......see how I just eliminated the other choices:jerkit: ....and you need a 1st badly to regain or maintain, which was usually the case, who is your choice behind center???

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Im not even looking at the poll. If I had to go top 5 QBs in the state of Florida I would have. 1. Tebow 2. Winston 3. DannyW 4. Ken Dorsey 5. Charlie Ward
I may take heat for the 4 spot but the man went 38-2 as the UM starter. Say what you want, that is impressive. To be honest you could probably put him over Danny.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Floridagator;161591 said:
Im not even looking at the poll. If I had to go top 5 QBs in the state of Florida I would have. 1. Tebow 2. Winston 3. DannyW 4. Ken Dorsey 5. Charlie Ward I may take heat for the 4 spot but the man went 38-2 as the UM starter. Say what you want, that is impressive. To be honest you could probably put him over Danny.
Id say the heat will come from the order of your 2 and 3 spots. :popcorn:

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The only real issue I have with Winston at 2 is he almost seemed to be a one hit wonder. His second season had numerous issues. I can switch 2 and 3. Its really tough to really rank them because one thing can change the complexity of it all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Floridagator;n161620 said:
The only real issue I have with Winston at 2 is he almost seemed to be a one hit wonder. His second season had numerous issues. I can switch 2 and 3. Its really tough to really rank them because one thing can change the complexity of it all.

Winston would be lost without decent receivers. One reason he dropped off this year is he no longer had the big dummy Benjamin to bail him out. Tebow at least could rely on his feet like he did in 2009. Winston never sustained his success over 3 or 4 years either. Dorsey would be a better choice for his position but if Grossman would have had talent around him like that he might be one of the top 3.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Daunte over Tebow is laughable and Jameis over Jim Kelly is just as bad. Unfortunately, Charlie is crushing Danny right now.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The stats speak for themselves. It isn't even debatable. Wuerffel had 3 good to great years while Ward had one.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n161626 said:
Winston would be lost without decent receivers. One reason he dropped off this year is he no longer had the big dummy Benjamin to bail him out. Tebow at least could rely on his feet like he did in 2009. Winston never sustained his success over 3 or 4 years either. Dorsey would be a better choice for his position but if Grossman would have had talent around him like that he might be one of the top 3.

I detest Winston but my friend you must see that Tebow did have Percy, Nelson, Hernandez, Cooper, Murphy My gosh man. He had a allstar WR corp. I don't think Winston is all that but this is how the cards have fallen

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n161591 said:
Im not even looking at the poll. If I had to go top 5 QBs in the state of Florida I would have. 1. Tebow 2. Winston 3. DannyW 4. Ken Dorsey 5. Charlie Ward
I may take heat for the 4 spot but the man went 38-2 as the UM starter. Say what you want, that is impressive. To be honest you could probably put him over Danny.
You're just young and dumb.

Crabby isn't even one of the top 3 Clown QBs. Charlie Ward was worlds better. Even Old Man Tweinke didn't fall apart like a bytch every time he played a decent defense. Hell, Testaverde was better than Crabby.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Floridagator;n161591 said:

Are you drunk and stoned? Winston couldn't carry Danny's jock strap! Nor Charlie Ward's for that matter. Look at the level of competition that Winston has played against compared to Danny and you'll see that it's no comparison at all. Further aiding Winston's on-field "legacy" is our program being down in the gutter the past couple of years due to the mismangement of Coach Siht for Brains Muschamp. If you put Winston under center for the Seminoles back in the 90's when we strong, they wouldn't have won the national title and he certainly wouldn't have won the Heisman. The guy is an average to above average quarterback who benefitted from circumstances that were completely unrelated to his abilities. He won't do squat in the NFL. He's too fat, he has a hitch in his throwing motion and his delivery is too slow.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Floridagator;n161678 said:
I detest Winston but my friend you must see that Tebow did have Percy, Nelson, Hernandez, Cooper, Murphy My gosh man. He had a allstar WR corp. I don't think Winston is all that but this is how the cards have fallen

Winston only had Kenny Shaw, Kelvin Benjamin, Rashad Greene and Nick O'Leary playing against inferior opponents most of the time......my bad:rolleyes: I guess none of them are NFL quality players...... Again ask yourself, It's 3rd and 5 deep in your own territory in a 13-10 game late in the 3rd quarter on the road against a real defense and you desperately need a 1st down.....Who you gonna call??? Timmy or Crablegs?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Spurrier hands down. Then DAnny and Timmy. Charlie Ward was outstanding and high character guy. Even started at PG for the Knicks. BTW listen to Law, he has some knowledge about QBs but dont ask him about the worst or he will need some liquid libation to calm down, ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who says it's too early to drink? :drunk:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n161874 said:
Spurrier hands down. Then DAnny and Timmy. Charlie Ward was outstanding and high character guy. Even started at PG for the Knicks. BTW listen to Law, he has some knowledge about QBs but dont ask him about the worst or he will need some liquid libation to calm down, ;)

Do ask Law about the worst, 'cause he'll spend a week proving it in his head before he posts - to get the perfect negatives.
Probably see some Canadian QBs included………… (Bandwagon kiddin' Law. I'm usually in-step with your take.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator