Poll: How deep is your Butters love?

Pumpers-- how many losses will make you fall off the Donkey?

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm seriously wondering about this. Before the season, and before you get a chance to start swallowing the next excuses (injuries, it's Nuss' fault, whatever), what number of losses will make you finally jump ship?

I'm primarily interested in pumpers or fence-sitters here. If you're off the Butters' Bus already, we know it.

Let's just assume the losses in a vacuum. I know that using huge again to Vandy again or losing to a 1AA team is a problem regarless, but let's just assume that the 4 losses will be the 4 we expect, 4 losses similar to what we have been and assuming that Butters would go 1-4 vs ranked teams again.

Also, note, I am not asking you to predict how many losses will get him fired, just how many will lose YOUR support.

Sorry, I can't edit the poll. Meant to put 7+ and ham sammich. Can a mod help?

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think a more accurate poll would be what would it take to make you feel Butters deserves another year. This will be the first year, where Butters vision will be in full view. 60% of the roster is Butter's recruits, and year 3 in the system. This year, he can't blame Muschamp for lack of offensive line, quarterback, skill positions. The lack of depth at DB, LB and DL (defense overall) is clearly on him due to his recruiting that last 3 years.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of teeth, these guys had some teeth!

And I'll play along since I consider myself somewhere in between pumperdom and fence-sittin' - looking at the schedule and all the home games, if we lose 4 this year during regular season, I would not be happy. Assuming your premise of 1-4 would be against UM, UT, LSU, UGA and FSU (the ranked teams). Assuming we lose to UM and FSU, that means we'd have to lose 2 of 3 to UT, UGA and LSU. That's not acceptable, IMO. My answer is 4. Will I spew hate toward Coach Mac if we lose 4? Sure, a little, but he'll still be our coach and I'll support him because he's our coach.

An interesting poll might be for the negators, agitators, and MacHaters:
Since you've already given up on Mac and you 'know' he is not the guy and things are only going to get worse until he's gone, how many losses are you hoping for this season so Coach Mac is canned at the end of the year?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't love any coach other than say one who actually played for us and then love is probably too strong of an emotion. I don't consider myself a pumper. Being a process based person the results are just that a result, so I look at the circumstances and process that got the result. I see some improvements being done on several fronts, I still see a lot of room for improvements as well. I am open to a change if that would improve results, but I oppose change just for the sake of making some feel better.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
An interesting poll might be for the negators, agitators, and MacHaters:
Since you've already given up on Mac and you 'know' he is not the guy and things are only going to get worse until he's gone, how many losses are you hoping for this season so Coach Mac is canned at the end of the year?

No matter how much I dislike the coach, I'll never root for the Gators to lose simply to get rid of him. Thankfully, a bad coach will work the problem out himself. The real question is how long does our new AD allow the damage to the program and brand continue before making that call? I think a lot of people are afraid that Foley-lite will act on a "day late, dollar short" basis and that's probably where a lot of angst is coming from. Just my opinion of course.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think there is any butters love. Everyone is kinda wait and see what happens.
That's fine. I want to see fence sitters too.

I'm sure you know I was being sarcastic about Butters love.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just vote.

If you want a secondary poll, we can do it next.

I'd really like to know.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I want to see major improvement on offense. Hopefully enough to cover for our defensive weakness. I think we struggle against the run and we likely give up some points. Maybe just maybe we can score points of our own......

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this post on another site...it seems very relevant. It also shows that all Gator sites are experiencing similar discussions. We're not some negative gator specialty store. It's all over... contrary to some poster's beliefs(shocking I know). Here it is:

"What you call positivity for someone else it is delusion. It is best to understand that everyone has different views and attitudes. You should respect that and what makes a forum fun.

It is no coincidence that the most successful boards on ***** with the most active and highest subscribers are generally the ones who are enjoying great success on the field and on the trail.

In sustained bad times it is unlikely for any board to maintain that. It can be done but highly unlikely. But here is where posters like you have it wrong, you think it is the negative views posters that are bad for the forum. In reality it is the intolerant positive views posters that are creating a toxic forum. I see it all the time ****, ****, *** etc post something then you have 5-6 posters attempt to attack them personally because they didn't agree. If you disagree that is fine but restoring to ad hominem does not lead to an intelligent discussion.

The irony in all of this is the positive posters are actually not positive at all, they just redirect their negativity and lash out at other posters."

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
4 losses will probably have me ranting on the firemcelwain website. However, IF we lose 3-4 close games with massive improvements throughout the year and hope is truly surrounding the program, I'm willing to give it another year. Again, as I've said before, if we aren't CONSTANTLY going after the jugular of each opponent and trying to score 38+ a game, f**k this staff.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm seriously wondering about this. Before the season, and before you get a chance to start swallowing the next excuses (injuries, it's Nuss' fault, whatever), what number of losses will make you finally jump ship?

I'm primarily interested in pumpers or fence-sitters here. If you're off the Butters' Bus already, we know it.

Let's just assume the losses in a vacuum. I know that using huge again to Vandy again or losing to a 1AA team is a problem regarless, but let's just assume that the 4 losses will be the 4 we expect, 4 losses similar to what we have been and assuming that Butters would go 1-4 vs ranked teams again.

Also, note, I am not asking you to predict how many losses will get him fired, just how many will lose YOUR support.

Sorry, I can't edit the poll. Meant to put 7+ and ham sammich. Can a mod help?

OK. I updated it. But I don't understand why you're trying to give me extra work. I got things to do…

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fence sitter here...finally have an experienced oline and some playmakers on O...if they can't get the O going this year it's time to move on

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK. I updated it. But I don't understand why you're trying to give me extra work. I got things to do…

Donkey got in the way of your life of matching URG's life, jerking so much you have to have your shoulder surgerically repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.