Poll: How deep is your Butters love?

Pumpers-- how many losses will make you fall off the Donkey?

• Total voters

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what happens if we go 2-2 in Sep then winless in October.

I think he might get broken off if we are out of East contention early. Not by the fans, but by the administration

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he might get broken off if we are out of East contention early. Not by the fans, but by the administration
I doubt it. Ive seen nothing to suggest competence from the new AD. Hell he is still holding hands with Fooley publicly.

I meant the temperature in the room here, not the AD. I have no faith in them. These last coaching hires show it's SSDD.

This FEELS like 2013 again, without the defense.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what happens if we go 2-2 in Sep then winless in October.
We have 5 games scheduled in September. Maybe you're assuming we'll have another cancelled game in September? 3-2 would still not be good. Need to get through Sept. 4-1 at least, or I think we'll be in trouble (what you already think).
If we go 0-3 in October, then your prediction of 6 or more losses could come true. But I don't see that happening with two of those games in Gville and one in Jax (neutral site).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pissed and always willing to advocate for mayhem when the loss column exceeds 2. In 2017, the Florida Gators, flagship university, can't field a competent QB. This has been no lull to reload the Championship play we had. This is a systemic trench (psychedelic funk if you will) these past 2 regimes. When the kids are flying, circle each others unit leader(s), each game has that play(s) and the season becomes a highlight reel, then we have the right coach(es).
:cool:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
:pumper::mac: we are heading in the right direction!!!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Jfc we win the east the last 2 years with muschamp scraps... give the guy some time... who you gonna hire?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Jfc we win the east the last 2 years with muschamp scraps... give the guy some time... who you gonna hire?
"Muschamp's scraps top to bottom" we're drastically more talented than the team we'll field in 17. Hell...this will be the least talented roster (on paper) that we've fielded in 15 yrs.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has to get that tan and yellow teeth fixed that's for sure!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Unfortunately, this poll is poorly formed in my view. Like Muschamp in his last year, McElwain is not to be judged by wins and losses alone.

It is not just record that matters but the product McElwain puts on the field. So really this poll should be a combination of losses and offensive ratings. A 3 loss team with a 120 rated offense might be worse for McElwain than a 4 loss team with a 60th rated offense.

UF football has to quit driving aways fans with crappy offense. The financial progress of the program and athletic department depends on that. It is why Muschamp could not just win his way into keeping the job, he needed a better offense too. McElwain has the advantage that he has most convinced he is trying on offense, but another 100+ rated offense and most might start believing the trying is just all talk.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'd have to pull a Petrino to get the axe in 2017. Short of something like 3-9 or worse, he won't be fired for results until 2018.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Muschamp's scraps top to bottom" we're drastically more talented than the team we'll field in 17. Hell...this will be the least talented roster (on paper) that we've fielded in 15 yrs.
That is an insult to Ron Zook's teams. They were chock full of future NFLers or at least guys who had that level of talent.

This is the least talented team since probation.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dude we were loaded when we were on probation that's why we were on probation.
This is the least talented team on paper since Dickey hands down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude we were loaded when we were on probation that's why we were on probation.
This is the least talented team on paper since Dickey hands down.
The 88-89 teams got pretty thin on depth. Still some top talent no doubt, but it's AT LEAST debatable. I agree that 79 is the only sure comparison, but I'm trying to give Ole Butters the benefit of the doubt.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kool-AidManPitcher.jpg

butter coolaid.jpg FIFY with my shiatty Paint powers, I'm sure somebody can do it better justice and we can make an emote out it

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't imagine anyone being OK with an 8-4 regular season it just goes against being better than average...I can see 9-3 or 10-2 if the offense moves the ball well but that about it. Anything less will really handicap recruiting....again.

We need research on the # of 4-5 season losses of all enviable HCs in CFB's history. That would give us non-emotional evidence. Why not add that to prove or disprove one's case?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We need research on the # of 4-5 season losses of all enviable HCs in CFB's history. That would give us non-emotional evidence. Why not add that to prove or disprove one's case?

By my count:

Bryant had 7 4+ loss seasons.
Saban has had 7 4+ loss seasons.
Meyer has had 2 4+ loss seasons.
Spurrier had 12 4+ loss seasons.
Woody Hayes had 4 4+ loss seasons.
Ara Parseghian had 6 4+ loss seasons.

A lot of these coaches had the 4+ loss seasons early in their career or had a couple of down years mid-career. But each of them got it going and avoided four losses year after year after year, etc. once they did get it going. So that really puts the question on McElwain back to do you see him getting the program going for a decade stretch of no or rare 4+ loss seasons?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'd have to pull a Petrino to get the axe in 2017. Short of something like 3-9 or worse, he won't be fired for results until 2018.

This will be the first season without the built in excuse of Muschamp, which is why I feel that way. If he $hit the bed in 2015 everyone would have understood. But this team is a roster 60% of his players now. With a AD with almost a year under his belt, he should be able to see if we are out of contention of a bad SEC East it's time to move on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This will be the first season without the built in excuse of Muschamp, which is why I feel that way. If he $hit the bed in 2015 everyone would have understood. But this team is a roster 60% of his players now. With a AD with almost a year under his belt, he should be able to see if we are out of contention of a bad SEC East it's time to move on.
Don't disagree, but I think winning the East the last 2 years will get him to 2018.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't disagree, but I think winning the East the last 2 years will get him to 2018.

I think in most cases it would, but I know the administration is hearing the rumblings. If we were losing 4 games a year, with an exciting offense and had gotten to SEC Championship Game he would already be given 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.