POLL: How do you feel about the postponement of O'Connell Center renovations?

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=29941 Looks like they rushed the whole renovation process, so

• Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea

• Ham Sammich (added under protest)

• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know better than to ask this question, but are we really trashing Foley over this? :rolleyes:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n183354 said:
I know better than to ask this question, but are we really trashing Foley over this? :rolleyes:

Yes. Now get with the program and start bashing Foley.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n183356 said:
Yes. Now get with the program and start bashing Foley.

bcga.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n183148]This is a curious story that naturally begs the question of why a $60 million project was slated to begin with the plans only 60% drawn. The only logical answer I can come up with is the reference to escalating costs. We're already financing two expensive coaching buyouts and an indoor practice facility, all the while football revenues are declining. I'd like to see a P&L on the athletic department right about now. [/QUOTE]

According to the AAU presentations the football revenues are at record levels due to the television contract. The AAU puts out a full budget every year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Blaming WM for this is too hard to prove, even with internet forum thinking. Give us time and we might can find a way, but for now, yeah, just Foley. ;)

Dec 10, 2014
Has anybody seen Jeremy Foley lately? He went from older looking to elderly looking. Threads like this are killing him. The haters need to triple the Foley hate threads each day, and they will have nothing to bitch about.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n183168 said:
Well, ya see, thats just the World's Greatest AD providing you with more legroom at the Swamp.

Foley miscalculating and late again just like with the past football head coach he fired. At least this is basketball related this time.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n183384 said:
Blaming WM for this is too hard to prove, even with internet forum thinking. Give us time and we might can find a way, but for now, yeah, just Foley. ;)
Here is the angle for that one. WM starts bad mouthing us to the recruits about our facilities, especially an indoor playing field. Macdaddy comes in, says he has to have one... Foley takes the money from the renovation to expand the IPF, so yea, we can throw some of the blame on dawgchamp.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like our new president, Dr. Fuchs(fox), might actually have some common sense and is not afraid to use it. Good on him.
Having 2 large time sensitive construction projects going on at the same time across from the stadium seems silly, at best. Starting a major project, $60 mil, with plans only 60% complete is just plain stupid. It was scheduled to start in March.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Until he proves he can hire a coach who can do better than 6-6, yes.

But I always hated him. Hated him in the early 90s when we were winning. Long story, concerning some private issues between Fooley and a friend. I admit my bias.

Of course, most of the rest of the Gator nation is against him now. He earned that hate by tying his future to Dawgtard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n183364 said:
According to the AAU presentations the football revenues are at record levels due to the television contract.
And they would have been at record levels +20 million if Fooley had done his job a year earlier.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those wanting a brand new facility, some boosters have discussed moving the baseball field in the area of the softball field. Use that area for the new facility. O'Connell center would either be torn down or receive slight renovation to house non basketball/volleyball/gynastic type sports. Basically use the new facility for sports that draw crowds.

If Billy does leave, look for Foley to make a run at Shaka Smart. If Brad Stevens is released by Boston, he would be a huge target.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n184280 said:
For those wanting a brand new facility, some boosters have discussed moving the baseball field in the area of the softball field. Use that area for the new facility. O'Connell center would either be torn down or receive slight renovation to house non basketball/volleyball/gynastic type sports. Basically use the new facility for sports that draw crowds.

If Billy does leave, look for Foley to make a run at Shaka Smart. If Brad Stevens is released by Boston, he would be a huge target.

I think a new facility would be bad ass. Whatever they decide to do I'd like to try to get season tickets.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n183411 said:
Foley miscalculating and late again just like with the past football head coach he fired. At least this is basketball related this time.

Read the article dipwad. Cost increases and management change forced them to push back the renovations. Pretend you had a kitchen, with plans on renovating it. Your contractor quoted you $15,000 to complete the project, then he came back and said $20k. Next thing you know, he leaves the company and new management takes over. You're telling me you'd say "Oh, it's cool, keep on trucking." Anyone in their right mind would do the exact same thing Foley did in this situation. Inform yourself before posting idiotic statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.