POLL: How many years of the contract does Mullen make it?

How many years of the six do you think Mullen makes?

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we weren't showing we were on the right path at the end of year 3 there is no reason to go to year 4 with his contract. The buyout would be the same regardless. You would just be hiring a new coach a year sooner.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Buyout is too big to get rid of him in 3. I have a feeling it will be 5 years. The noise will be loud in year 4, but Stricklan isn't going to want to fire his overpaid buddy, which will give Mullen an extra year. Another question is will Mullen get an undeserved raise and contract extension from now until then like the last two bums?
Stricklin won't survive this. He forced this down the UAAs throat when they said anyone BUT Mullins. There will be a price to pay.

He may not survive this October or next October.

What do you expect really when you hire a baseball player and an SID?

I hate to say it but we may need that Auburn AD we have on staff to turn us around. At least he understands that football is all that matters.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't shed a single tear on his departure.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I said 4 because he'll get that extra "buddy" 4th year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin won't survive this. He forced this down the UAAs throat when they said anyone BUT Mullins. There will be a price to pay.

He may not survive this October or next October.

What do you expect really when you hire a baseball player and an SID?

I hate to say it but we may need that Auburn AD we have on staff to turn us around. At least he understands that football is all that matters.
Talk about wishful thinking. Stricklin's job is completely safe even if Mullen is a total disaster. What makes you think the President gives a rip about how many games the football team wins? The money is still rolling in.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JB I agree about the buyout, but I have a little more confidence in him based on his attention thus far to the entire program (and yeah recruiting has to pick up) compared to the last two HBC's and Meyer at the end. You and I both know that barring some morals issue, which is hard to see, or some Mac type Sh!t, even harder to imagine, he'll get a raise and extension. And it isn't just us. That's the way the game is played nowadays, right or wrong. Best case is that he does things to really deserve it.
I agree that Mullen is doing and will do some things better than the previous two guys, but I just don't think he'll do enough to earn his salary (and probable future extension). It's hard to put confidence in a guy that got out coached by UK at home and isn't making any strides in recruiting.

You get the most out of a recruiting class their junior year. Because we likely won't be in the top 10 in recruiting again, year 5 is likely to be the earliest we'll legitimately be able to contend for a conference title assuming his third class is a top 6-7 class. It's also discouraging that Mullen is .500 against teams with similar talent, which means that unless something changes, we're looking at a bunch of 8-4 seasons the next 3-4 years. Tonight is a must win to simply be bowl eligible.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which part, he doesn't make a 5th year or he never wins 9 or more games (bowl games don't count)?
The wins. I fully expect him to tease the eff out of us. He'll get us from A to B but not from B to C.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The wins. I fully expect him to tease the eff out of us. He'll get us from A to B but not from B to C.
You're talking about a guy who couldn't even consistently be fat Bert.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Okay, I'll take that bet. 40 dollars right? Swonky, can you set up an escrow account where 78 and I can provide notarized IOU's for safe holding. Send your bill to Ox, and what the hell, get yourself a Chick fil a combo for lunch and put that on the tab too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I'll take that bet. 40 dollars right? Swonky, can you set up an escrow account where 78 and I can provide notarized IOU's for safe holding. Send your bill to Ox, and what the hell, get yourself a Chick fil a combo for lunch and put that on the tab too.
I am a fan of Chick-fil-A

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of you will be dead before Mullen leaves the program. Get used to him being here.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I think Mullen is a good enough coach to not get fired, but not good enough to win titles. We'll end up with the same problem Georgia had with Richt.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Swonkey can set up an escrow account but it will cost you 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.