Possible bowl game opponents for UF

Who would you most like to play in the bowl?

• UCF

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Michigan

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Washington State

Votes: 11 8.2%

• Total voters

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
Would love to see us against a PAC-12 team, only because I cannot recall the last time we played one in football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Am I remembering correctly that the top Group of 5 team get a New Years 6 bowl IF they are ranked 15 or higher? If UCF loses, I doubt any will.

I don’t think UCF loses. Their defense and running game have improved a lot over the last few games. The backup QB is young but can play.

That was old BCS rules I think. If UCF loses the Boise State/Fresno State winner is in guaranteed I think.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We'll probably end up playing Meatchicken or Oklahoma.
It's too bad that the bowl-game matchups doesn't extend beyond the four team playoff thinking.
Nobody gives a shyt about UCF playing Florida. A UF/ Georgia rematch would be much better. But that will never happen because of all the stupid "rules."
Complete opposite. No one outside of the SEC would give 2 sh*ts about a Florida UGA rematch, not to mention it would most likely be another loss.

On the other hand, the talking heads never shut up about UCF and whether or not they should be in the playoffs after 2 undefeated seasons in a row. And whoever plays them this year isn't going to be able to use Auburn's excuse that they just didn't care about the game because they will be representing the entire power 5.

If they finish undefeated again this year they will declare themselves back to back champs and will be insufferable. It's someone's duty to shut those punks ups and we are just the guys to do it, with particular relevance being located 90 miles apart. There will be a lot of national interest in their bowl game as long as they don't blow it against Memphis.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
This! Give us UCF in the Peach. With our game against Miami to open the 2019 season, we would then play three games in a row against in-state opponents, including the other two of The Big Three. I believe we'd go 3-0 in that scenario, and would expect the recruiting payoff to be huge.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If not UCF then maybe WVU....That would be an interesting matchup.
Grier was a monster in that last game. He threw for over 500 yards and it easily could have been over 600. Several of the incompletions were long passes that hit the receiver right in the hands. That was probably the best game he ever played but unfortunately for him the D sucked as usual.

It would be a fun matchup.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's great we get another month of practice.

I just want a win and maybe see more of EJ.

I would like ND, TX, or UCF.

Anything to help recruiting.

jgator

Jul 18, 2018
ND is off the table and if UCF loses, they are off the table.
Texas is only possible if OU gets into the playoff or if they beat OU, which out of the 3 possibilities are the 2 most UNlikely.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have no words for anyone who thinks beating UCF "means nothing" under any circumstances.

Ok. I'll play. Are we gonna steal recruits from them? Milton is gone. He was the entire team since their defense sucks. It absolutely would mean nothing. It means nothing in state and on a national stage it literally is a snoozefest.

I doubt they beat Memphis so this will be moot.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BryanDFischer: NY6 based on today's rankings:
Orange: Alabama-Oklahoma
Cotton: Clemson-Notre Dame
Rose: Washington-Ohio State
Sugar: Georgia-Texas
Fiesta: UCF-LSU
Peach: Michigan-Florida

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are a lock now. Surprised they had Penn State in front of Washington State. If Oklahoma winds up # 4 that guarantees Texas or West Virginia will get that Sugar Bowl slot which will knock Penn State out of a big bowl most likely.

A Northwestern upset win would knock LSU out most likely.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@BryanDFischer: NY6 based on today's rankings:
Orange: Alabama-Oklahoma
Cotton: Clemson-Notre Dame
Rose: Washington-Ohio State
Sugar: Georgia-Texas
Fiesta: UCF-LSU
Peach: Michigan-Florida

I almost hope Oklahoma gets beat by Texas again and OSU wins so we don't play Michigan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are a lock now. Surprised they had Penn State in front of Washington State. If Oklahoma winds up # 4 that guarantees Texas or West Virginia will get that Sugar Bowl slot which will knock Penn State out of a big bowl most likely.

A Northwestern upset win would knock LSU out most likely.
The next poll is the time we are a lock. Remember when Ugly thought they were a lock in 06 because they were ranked ahead of us prior to the NCG?

I agree we are practically a lock but voters sometimes collude in violation of federal collusion laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator