Possible bowl game opponents for UF

Who would you most like to play in the bowl?

• UCF

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Michigan

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Washington State

Votes: 11 8.2%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Updated possibilities as long as idle teams this week don't move up in the rankings over other idle teams:

Michigan (only if OSU doesn't make the playoff)
UCF, Boise State or Fresno State (If UCF loses to Memphis its the winner of Boise State and Fresno State)
Oklahoma (only if they lost to Texas)
OSU (only if they lost to Northwestern)
LSU (highly doubtful they would rematch us)

If games are chalk most likely it will be either Michigan or the non-Power 5 conference champ.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
Updated possibilities as long as idle teams this week don't move up in the rankings over other idle teams:

Michigan (only if OSU doesn't make the playoff)
UCF, Boise State or Fresno State (If UCF loses to Memphis its the winner of Boise State and Fresno State)
Oklahoma (only if they lost to Texas)
OSU (only if they lost to Northwestern)
LSU (highly doubtful they would rematch us)

Hell, I don't care if we end up playing Bama, Or anybody on the list. This is rarified air - Speshly considering how things looked at the start.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
@BryanDFischer: NY6 based on today's rankings:
Orange: Alabama-Oklahoma
Cotton: Clemson-Notre Dame
Rose: Washington-Ohio State
Sugar: Georgia-Texas
Fiesta: UCF-LSU
Peach: Michigan-Florida
Is that how it works though? Don’t the non-semifinal and non-conference tie in games get their pick?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Grier might through for 1000 yards versus our safeties and LBs.
He's also been good for 2 to 3 turnovers a game this year and been sacked a good bit by some average defenses.
Their defense isn't even Vandy quality and I'm not so sure Franks wouldn't throw for 350-400 on their secondary.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I almost hope Oklahoma gets beat by Texas again and OSU wins so we don't play Michigan.
If we're matched with Michigan, we run the risk of going 0-3 over the last three times we've played them. I'd be concerned about the effect on recruiting if that were to happen.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't the sugar bowl for the top available sec and big12 schools outside the playoffs? If that's the case, uga could end up playing wvu ,correct?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He has 8 interceptions and 4 fumbles in 11 games.
I would have thought he had more than that but I've watched 6 or 7 of their games this year and his turnovers have cost his team dearly in their 3 losses....he basically didn't even show up against Iowa State. His 2 fumbles were the difference against OU and nearly cost them the game against UT. I actually watch the games so I'm not often misled by stats. He has also gone cold for long periods of time during games like TT were they very nearly lost despite being up by like 24 points at halftime...…

He's a good QB but he's not quite the stud I thought he was going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.