Potential Grad Transfer Guard (Basketball)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Rodney Pryor of Robert Morris is transferring and has already spoken to UF per Evan Daniels (retweeted by Spivey).

Averaged 18 pts, 8 boards and 1.7 assists per game last year. Downside- only shot 43% from the field and 29% from 3.

Discuss.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'll take any kid who averages 18 ppg in D1 basketball.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he shoots the 3 ball better than we do as a team from the free throw line.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely a take if we can get him. A 6'5" guard that averaged 18 a game at the d1 level. He scored 23 on duke in the tourney last year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Can he make a bucket from the stripe? That's all I care about.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's like a 86% FT shooter.

He reminds me of an Eli Carter type. Scores a lot because he shoots a lot.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Looks like he played 2 years at RM. So Im not sure if he's got one or 2 years left.

Also, 8 rebounds a game for a 6'5 guard is phenomenal. Maybe he can play the small forward spot depending on matchups. And he's a career 80% FT shooter...we welcome him with open arms!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he played 2 years at RM. So Im not sure if he's got one or 2 years left.

Also, 8 rebounds a game for a 6'5 guard is phenomenal. Maybe he can play the small forward spot depending on matchups. And he's a career 80% FT shooter...we welcome him with open arms!
He played juco first. At 6'5" he would probably play the 3 for us imo.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well to put his shooting from the arc last year in perspective, he was worse from the arc than Kasey Hill last year. Hill was a better shooter from the arc last season. On the other hand, the year before Pryor shoot 42.9% from the arc. So we are left to wonder what kind of deep shooter he really is.

What we can not see from his stats are is he quick enough to be a guard at the high major level. He might be a tweener or he might be a real addition for UF. We would also have to wonder how Allen will progress.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well to put his shooting from the arc last year in perspective, he was worse from the arc than Kasey Hill last year. Hill was a better shooter from the arc last season. On the other hand, the year before Pryor shoot 42.9% from the arc. So we are left to wonder what kind of deep shooter he really is.

What we can not see from his stats are is he quick enough to be a guard at the high major level. He might be a tweener or he might be a real addition for UF. We would also have to wonder how Allen will progress.
How would it hinder Allen's growth? They would probably play beside eachother.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's exactly what I was thinking. We don't need another garbage, inefficient high volume shooter that will just need to transfer again at the end of the season.
Agreed Prof, we need a PG who can control the court with the ball in his hands, hit jump shots, create a little bit, and most of all make friggin layups and FTs (Ahem, Kasey Hill). Otherwise, get another big man or swingman if there's one out there to be had.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he shoots the 3 ball better than we do as a team from the free throw line.
He shot 29% from 3-pt land last year. What were you reading?
I think BFR can be a better player than this kid if he puts in the work. But if White's serious about bringing Pryor in, then maybe it does say something to BFRs future as a Gator, as these guys have a lot similarities. And the world turns................

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator