Potential Grad Transfer Guard (Basketball)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah coincidentally huartes played at the same highschool as bfr. I actually watched huartes play in person when he was in highschool. I would have never guessed he would end up being the player he was at the next level. It was at bucholz for some holiday tourney I believe. This gym was loaded with future d1 players Walter Hodge, Jason rich(fsu), huartez and huartez had a big ass 7'3" teammate. But the best player there was none other than Cornelius Ingram. He really could have played any sport he wanted. I know that has nothing to do with bfr transferring but thought you'd like my story.

damn...I think there were two down here. I remember the City of Palms tourney but I thought there was another one. Maybe Tournament of Champions or something...can't remember

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
damn...I think there were two down here. I remember the City of Palms tourney but I thought there was another one. Maybe Tournament of Champions or something...can't remember
Never been to the city of palms but thats one of the most talent heavy tournaments in the country.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah coincidentally huartes played at the same highschool as bfr. I actually watched huartes play in person when he was in highschool. I would have never guessed he would end up being the player he was at the next level. It was at bucholz for some holiday tourney I believe. This gym was loaded with future d1 players Walter Hodge, Jason rich(fsu), huartez and huartez had a big ass 7'3" teammate. But the best player there was none other than Cornelius Ingram. He really could have played any sport he wanted. I know that has nothing to do with bfr transferring but thought you'd like my story.

I liked it.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you know I disagree. He has 3 more years left and even if he doesn't put it all together next year, maybe he will in his last 2 seasons. I'd hate to have invested two years on BFR to see him walk away just to succeed at a different school. Kinda reminds me of Huertas a few years ago, tall guard that transferred after his freshman season to Ole Miss, where he became a two year starter at SG, leading the team in scoring his junior year (4th best in SEC), before turning pro (albeit, Puerto Rico and Europe). If BFR succeeds in college BB, I want him to be a Gator when he does.
Oh, and here's a link for Huertas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Huertas
The Huertas situation was waaaay different. He wasn't getting minutes because he was on one of the best teams in the history of college basketball. We won our second consecutive title the year after he left. He was trying to steal minutes from Green, Humphrey and Hodge.

BFR isn't getting any minutes on a NIT team because he is shooting worse than any player I can remember.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good list:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14390188/college-basketball-transfer-list

for following who is leaving and who has chosen where to go already. It is updated pretty regularly too. Odd that as I type Pryor is not on the list that I saw.
Only 3 guys on that list are eligible for next year, which is likely what White is focusing on for immediate help. 7 of those guys on the list would have to sit out a year. Both Pryor and the kid from UNF would be graduate transfers and could play immediately. Of the 3 on this list eligible, Barry and Reinhardt at tall (6'6") guards who can shoot, and a 6'6" swingman in Goodman (but he's had some off-court issues). I'd say Barry we might have a shot at, as he's on the east coast; the other two are currently playing on the west coast. That being said, I still think the kid from UNF (a PG) is what we need the most, then more help inside at the 4 or 5 spot.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Only 3 guys on that list are eligible for next year, which is likely what White is focusing on for immediate help. 7 of those guys on the list would have to sit out a year. Both Pryor and the kid from UNF would be graduate transfers and could play immediately. Of the 3 on this list eligible, Barry and Reinhardt at tall (6'6") guards who can shoot, and a 6'6" swingman in Goodman (but he's had some off-court issues). I'd say Barry we might have a shot at, as he's on the east coast; the other two are currently playing on the west coast. That being said, I still think the kid from UNF (a PG) is what we need the most, then more help inside at the 4 or 5 spot.

Keep in mind the list is huge, but they do highlight 10 guys from the various lists below. It is the long list of graduate transfers that did not include Pryor. Of course they will keep up with the list more after the season is over for everyone after Monday night.

I would like to see what shakes out at UF before I know what I think UF needs the most. If Murphy does not get his 6th year or Egbunu declares and stays in the draft for a 2nd round guaranteed contract, then UF will need a big more. If Francis-Ramirez bolts, UF might want some help at SG. Depending on what one believes about Kasey Hill's last few games, UF might want some PG help.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind the list is huge, but they do highlight 10 guys from the various lists below. It is the long list of graduate transfers that did not include Pryor. Of course they will keep up with the list more after the season is over for everyone after Monday night.

I would like to see what shakes out at UF before I know what I think UF needs the most. If Murphy does not get his 6th year or Egbunu declares and stays in the draft for a 2nd round guaranteed contract, then UF will need a big more. If Francis-Ramirez bolts, UF might want some help at SG. Depending on what one believes about Kasey Hill's last few games, UF might want some PG help.
Dang, I guess I should have scrolled down. Thanks Insti!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another 17 kid just predicted to us.
http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-William-87936

Coach white just visited these 2 again.
is-that-a-new-style-for-spvm-now_c_4394203.webp

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whose prediction? The sites given seem to list other schools even or ahead of us.
Try this one. Scroll down and look at the predictions and the dates. Just recently two of their analysts picked him to uf.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Try this one. Scroll down and look at the predictions and the dates. Just recently two of their analysts picked him to uf.
Fighting KS for Brown - could be a tough get, but we can hope.
Williams shows an offer from UConn - would be nice to get a couple of guys that some other elite programs are going after, that's for sure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Williams shows an offer from UConn - would be nice to get a couple of guys that some other elite programs are going after, that's for sure.
Kansas hasn't offered Brown yet so we have that going for us. These two want to play together in college, atleast I think I read that somewhere and I believe we're recruiting them as a pair the hardest. But alot can change when these summer aau tournaments start up.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It is nice to see UF competing for kids with KU as in the past. But as t-gator said, things can really change in the summer before a kid can sign. This will be a most interesting off season as we learn more about White, what types of players he wants and what types of players he can attract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator