Potential Grad Transfer Guard (Basketball)

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Where do you see that we might get him? What about the UNF dude?
Sam Snelling a SBNation bball analyst reported it on twitter.

I really hope we get Dallas Moore but he has to want to transfer and the word is it was due in part to his coach taking a better job which might not happen now

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Underwhelming is all I can say. He's a stick and seems in slow motion almost. Do we waste a scholie on this kid or hope White can reel in a stud next year?
It's really hard to say. There really isn't much film on him to get a good grasp at what he looked like this past season

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's got a very nice offer list that includes uconn. He's probably just a little raw is why he's a 3star.

This kid was never going to UCONN. He's just tall. I don't see a lot of talent...even at the "raw" level. He's playing against midgets btw. He did lose to Oldsmar Christian though. Ouch. His competition is interesting.

Anyone know his stats from this year? If he averaged 30+ pts and 19 boards then maybe...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What i meant is that if Allen were to make returns and makes a typical Frosh to Soph progression, Pryor might be redundant. Allen seems to be a Kenny Boynton with the ability to drive a bit without charging or Hill with a bit of a shot. He could well pick up a good bit of the Finney-Smith scoring slack. The better Allen is the more redundant Pryor would be in my view.
We need all the scorers we can get. Texas anm just made the sweet 16 with a team full of transfers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This kid was never going to UCONN. He's just tall. I don't see a lot of talent...even at the "raw" level. He's playing against midgets btw. He did lose to Oldsmar Christian though. Ouch. His competition is interesting.
You do realize oldsmar Christian's roster goes 5 or 6 d1 players deep dont you? Anyhow, he was committed to ok state. Its not like we're stealing recruits fiu like we are in football. He's a high major prospect.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I really hope we get Dallas Moore but he has to want to transfer and the word is it was due in part to his coach taking a better job which might not happen now
You would rather have Dallas Moore? How many short guards do you think we need? I'd much rather have some length in the back court.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
You would rather have Dallas Moore? How many short guards do you think we need? I'd much rather have some length in the back court.
If it's between Rodney Pryor and Dallas Moore. It's not even a question imo. It's Dallas Moore all day every day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Favorite wish is to get a well-coordinated 6'11" guy over 220 lbs. Still, from just reading here,
Pryor could be better than what we already got... 6'5" 205+ lbs.

Now, he went to JC for his early bb learning. Then transferred to D1, having to adjust to totally
new teammates, to new coaches. And, in his first year in D1 he's able to score 24 vs Duke in
the hotlight of NCAA tournament.

Then for his 2nd year playing D1 at RMU Pryor averages 18 points/game, 8 rebounds/g and
63.5 dribbles behind the back/g. His next scoring teammate could be counted on for 8 pts. So,
there's a reason Pryor had to take nearly 13 shots/g.

He doesn't drive much, but we have Chiozza to drive for us .??
Pryor played in all 35 of RMU's games.

I say Pryor would enhance our team via raise our pts/g, add "senior" leadership.
As a grad student he should have more free time to work on his game than his regular
class-load student teammates. This past season we had a lot of game-minutes played
by backcourt men who couldn't compare to Pryor's worth. Still, Pryor would be required
to outperform his Gator-mates to get on the court.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As far as big men, it sounds like we might get Gorjok Gak. He was signed with Oklahoma St until Ford was fired. Sounds good that we might get him. 6-10, shot blocker and inside scorer.

I'd take any big man at this point. It doesn't sound like Gak is much different than the kid from OSU, maybe a little more offensive skill. The kid from OSU was a 4*, but he would have to sit out a year. I'll take either one plus Pryor or all 3 if there was a way to swing it... not sure how to do that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize oldsmar Christian's roster goes 5 or 6 d1 players deep dont you? Anyhow, he was committed to ok state. Its not like we're stealing recruits fiu like we are in football. He's a high major prospect.

Define high major prospect? Max preps has both Oldsmar Christian losing and Victory Prep losing the same game so I'm not sure who beat who.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Define high major prospect? Max preps has both Oldsmar Christian losing and Victory Prep losing the same game so I'm not sure who beat who.
A prospect that projects to be good enough to play in a power5 conference. Lol about maxpreps. That's pretty funny.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We need the depth with our big guys. Hopefully one works out. But as Rog said, can we get a coordinated big man. Someone like Horford or Noah again. Please?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody who wouldn't want another scorer on this team is smoking crack. There's a reason so many schools are on this guy already.
After watching his film, I like him. He's a big guard and for some reason I like the idea of a lefty at guard (kinda throws the defense off with different shooting angle and he should be able to drive to his left). If we actually reel in Pryor, I feel that could be the sign that BFR is going to transfer.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Is D. Moore the guy that played with Hill on this travelling team? Is he graduating, or would he have to sit out a year?
Moore's stat line vs us in the NIT = 23pts on 8-15 shooting; 2-5 from 3pt; 7rebs, 5assists (5 TOs). Pretty solid, despite the TOs.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Is D. Moore the guy that played with Hill on this travelling team? Is he graduating, or would he have to sit out a year?
Moore's stat line vs us in the NIT = 23pts on 8-15 shooting; 2-5 from 3pt; 7rebs, 5assists (5 TOs). Pretty solid, despite the TOs.
Yeah that's him. He would be a grad transfer, but it's all in a wait and see approach right now

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah that's him. He would be a grad transfer, but it's all in a wait and see approach right now
I think I'd like to have Moore over Pryor (better shooting, ball handling, court presence). Plus, this could possibly send Chorizo a message, and maybe BFR would stick around (if we don't get Pryor instead).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After watching his film, I like him. He's a big guard and for some reason I like the idea of a lefty at guard (kinda throws the defense off with different shooting angle and he should be able to drive to his left). If we actually reel in Pryor, I feel that could be the sign that BFR is going to transfer.
I think it would be best for both parties if bfr transferred. He needs a fresh start and white needs room to put his imprint on the program. I think the kid has some talent though.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be best for both parties if bfr transferred. He needs a fresh start and white needs room to put his imprint on the program. I think the kid has some talent though.
Well, you know I disagree. He has 3 more years left and even if he doesn't put it all together next year, maybe he will in his last 2 seasons. I'd hate to have invested two years on BFR to see him walk away just to succeed at a different school. Kinda reminds me of Huertas a few years ago, tall guard that transferred after his freshman season to Ole Miss, where he became a two year starter at SG, leading the team in scoring his junior year (4th best in SEC), before turning pro (albeit, Puerto Rico and Europe). If BFR succeeds in college BB, I want him to be a Gator when he does.
Oh, and here's a link for Huertas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Huertas

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well:

1. Gak looks promising to me. He would be a nice get in my view. Does he have any real connection to the state of Florida or has he just been here for high school?

2. Pryor looks to be from the Leon family of shot style. Leon is pretty effective. The problem with volume shooters is it is hard to know if they will take better shots or just fewer shots when they are on a team with more talent around them.

3. My first instinct was BFR should transfer, but as I said above he he can graduate over the next four semesters, ie Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017, he should stay. Since he has already lost a year, he should give UF one more shot and then if he is not a contributor be a graduate transfer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you know I disagree. He has 3 more years left and even if he doesn't put it all together next year, maybe he will in his last 2 seasons. I'd hate to have invested two years on BFR to see him walk away just to succeed at a different school. Kinda reminds me of Huertas a few years ago, tall guard that transferred after his freshman season to Ole Miss, where he became a two year starter at SG, leading the team in scoring his junior year (4th best in SEC), before turning pro (albeit, Puerto Rico and Europe). If BFR succeeds in college BB, I want him to be a Gator when he does.
Oh, and here's a link for Huertas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Huertas
Yeah coincidentally huartes played at the same highschool as bfr. I actually watched huartes play in person when he was in highschool. I would have never guessed he would end up being the player he was at the next level. It was at bucholz for some holiday tourney I believe. This gym was loaded with future d1 players Walter Hodge, Jason rich(fsu), huartez and huartez had a big ass 7'3" teammate. But the best player there was none other than Cornelius Ingram. He really could have played any sport he wanted. I know that has nothing to do with bfr transferring but thought you'd like my story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.