Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n267672 said:
Who would like this post?! Oh.... t
The Chris leak part got me

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n267666 said:
Chris leak was more qualified to coach the receivers than fiu's running back coach and he's a gator. I definitely don't get that move.

Dixon has 10 years of coaching experience, specifically on offense. It's true that he hasn't been at WR's coach, but then neither had Leak. I love CL to death, and if he'd been asked to help the QB's then I'm all in. But asking a lifelong QB, with no experience, to coach and teach a critical part of the offense is a mistake. He did his best to help us out, but I think even he'd admit that he had no business doing that. He was simply helping UF get out of a jam. Dixon, even if only based on experience in teaching and coaching, is a better fit there.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not sure that we can fairly judge any coach or player under 'chump's regime. They coulda all been superstar geniuses for all we know. Including Honors graduate, 2007 NCS game MVP, record breaking and all around super great Gator Chris Leak. Sincerely hope that he can come back one day and contribute to Florida Football.
And not thrilled with any 5'9 listed (so 5'8" real world?) receiver but I'll take what I can get.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I posted an article a while back with Powell making comments about the previous offensive system. D-Rob has made similar comments as well. When the freshman playing for you see problems you as a head coach don't, that is illuminating. That is one of the reasons Chump is no longer here. This provides yet more hope that the current regime understands the problems and has a plan to fix them.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n267640 said:
Several things stand out about the WR position. Love Leak to death but there has been no consistency as that position the last 4 years. So what to do we have now.....a new coach and the stability will come from Mac and keeping a coach that will be in the position for some time. Now yeah was the guy from FIU, yeah. But what the heck did we have the last four years. So already we have an upgrade. How much of one, remains to be seen. If this guy is teaching discipline, connects with his players, and instills some continuity we are far better off than we've been. Sure it would help if he had coached WR in the past. Are we bad off since Tim Skipper coached LB's and now the RB coach? Part of being a coach is knowing how to coach. This is where WM failed miserably. So as it remains unseen how Dixon will do, one aspect we can look at is that he's there, he's coaching, and Mac will have a hand in what's going on. From that point, UF is far better off than what Asschamp had us in.

Rest assured that Mac is the primary receivers coach and Dixon is coaching exactly like Mac tells him to.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n267711 said:
Dixon has 10 years of coaching experience, specifically on offense. It's true that he hasn't been at WR's coach, but then neither had Leak. I love CL to death, and if he'd been asked to help the QB's then I'm all in. But asking a lifelong QB, with no experience, to coach and teach a critical part of the offense is a mistake. He did his best to help us out, but I think even he'd admit that he had no business doing that. He was simply helping UF get out of a jam. Dixon, even if only based on experience in teaching and coaching, is a better fit there.

He may have more coaching experience but not enough to knock a gator great off of the coaching staff. It was the perfect opportunity to raise one of our own and we chose to give him the boot for some guy from Montana that's never been a receivers coach himself.

Dec 10, 2014
LagoonGator68;n267727 said:
Rest assured that Mac is the primary receivers coach and Dixon is coaching exactly like Mac tells him to.

THIS.

Dixon is on the staff to recruit South Florida. When we start 4-0, watch the recruits begin to pour in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, Mac is the head coach, but he is really the primary OC, QB, and WR coach? He is going to be one busy dude. Why don't we just fire the rest and just keep Summers?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;267752 said:
So, Mac is the head coach, but he is really the primary OC, QB, and WR coach? He is going to be one busy dude. Why don't we just fire the rest and just keep Summers?
Well you thought Muschamp had his hands on the entire offense and you think he's an idiot. I'm fairly certain you have a higher opinion of Mac's intelligence, so maybe he could pull it off?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n267752 said:

Do you think Mac doesn't know what he wants passing game wise? Have you bothered to listen to his pressers where he absolutely trashes the guys for dropping balls wide open and against air? Do you know anything whatsoever about multi-tasking, delegating, and overseeing? Have you EVER had a legal assistant? WTF do you do all day in YOUR job? JFC...

Edit: all this for just 1 like?....damn...tough room..

Dec 10, 2014
LagoonGator68;n267771 said:
Do you think Mac doesn't know what he wants passing game wise? Have you bothered to listen to his pressers where he absolutely trashes the guys for dropping balls wide open and against air? Do you know anything whatsoever about multi-tasking, delegating, and overseeing? Have you EVER had a legal assistant? WTF do you do all day in YOUR job? JFC...

:owned:

I think this is the post of the year on the main board.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;n267732 said:
He may have more coaching experience but not enough to knock a gator great off of the coaching staff. It was the perfect opportunity to raise one of our own and we chose to give him the boot for some guy from Montana that's never been a receivers coach himself.
When Leak was given the job the general opinion of most everyone was "good for him, one heck of a Gator, but does he know anything about coaching WR's? Pretty soon it became apparent this was just another of Chumps bad coaching hires. Considering he had no coaching experience at all, no one was real surprised it didn't work out.

Lamenting the fact that Leak is no longer our WR coach certainly proves you aren't afraid to go on a island and take a position that pretty much no one else would agree with, so yeah, I guess I'll give you that.:dunno:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;267668 said:
I'm going to spend the first couple games trying to figure out who the f*ck #4 is on the field because he cut his hair. :lol:

Joey Kent says it's Lawrence Wright.

https://youtu.be/6QN-CwDXGCo

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n267814 said:
When Leak was given the job the general opinion of most everyone was "good for him, one heck of a Gator, but does he know anything about coaching WR's? Pretty soon it became apparent this was just another of Chumps bad coaching hires. Considering he had no coaching experience at all, no one was real surprised it didn't work out.

Lamenting the fact that Leak is no longer our WR coach certainly proves you aren't afraid to go on a island and take a position that pretty much no one else would agree with, so yeah, I guess I'll give you that.:dunno:
You better check the stats boy. Law gave me a like.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n267854 said:
You better check the stats boy. Law gave me a like.

Law likes anything negative. Post a selfie slitting your wrists and he'd wear the like out on his computer. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n267814 said:
I don't think anyone is lamenting that Leak is no longer our WR coach, though many thought he should have been offered of one the many quality assistants at least.

It's also joke to try to spin our WR hire as some sort of success. We searched six weeks starting with the top names in the business, who punked us publicly, and ended up with FIU's RB coach. :rotfl: Yeah, great hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n267886 said:
Law likes anything negative. Post a selfie slitting your wrists and he'd wear the like out on his computer. :lol:
I'm up for anything. Give it a try and you may earn a like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator