Powell beginning to blossom as slot receiver

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n267771 said:
Do you know anything whatsoever about multi-tasking, delegating, and overseeing? Have you EVER had a legal assistant
Yes, and there is absolutely nothing worse than a poor assistant.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n267901 said:
I don't think anyone is lamenting that Leak is no longer our WR coach, though many thought he should have been offered of one the many quality assistants at least.

Is it just me or is that not really a sentence?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n267901 said:
I don't think anyone is lamenting that Leak is no longer our WR coach, though many thought he should have been offered of one the many quality assistants at least.

It's also joke to try to spin our WR hire as some sort of success. We searched six weeks starting with the top names in the business, who punked us publicly, and ended up with FIU's RB coach. :rotfl: Yeah, great hire.
Where did I say anything about our hire? Just simply that Leak had no business being our WR coach. I would have been all for having him on staff.

Obviously Dixon was an odd hire and not even close to we Mac were targeting. In fact it was probably one of Mac's most public fails since he told the press we were going to be excited about the hire, then it was a second rate University RB coach. We all went WTF in unison. But on the other hand, I'm not ready to conclude it was a bad hire just yet since we have no idea if he can do the job. We'll have a better idea after the season and 2016 signing day.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n267758 said:
Originally posted by Law98gator
So, Mac is the head coach, but he is really the primary OC, QB, and WR coach? He is going to be one busy dude. Why don't we just fire the rest and just keep Summers?

Well you thought Muschamp had his hands on the entire offense and you think he's an idiot. I'm fairly certain you have a higher opinion of Mac's intelligence, so maybe he could pull it off?

I think so. The difference here is Mac will put out the expectation to his coaches and he'll let them coach. Asschamp...we all know how he shat on his coaching staff.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n267732 said:
He may have more coaching experience but not enough to knock a gator great off of the coaching staff. It was the perfect opportunity to raise one of our own and we chose to give him the boot for some guy from Montana that's never been a receivers coach himself.
Wish Leak would have gotten a chance to stay. But I trust Mac knows what he's doing. It probably had more to do with Leak being on a WM staff than Leak as a coach and the lack of continuity at WR.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n268003 said:
Is it just me or is that not really a sentence?
You need me to diagram it for you?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Leak retained in some other capacity?

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n267982 said:
Yes, and there is absolutely nothing worse than a poor assistant.

It all makes sense now. Law's incessant harping on Mac's assistants is due to his own numerous shortcomings on hiring decisions. It's your classic transference of self-doubt.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n268053 said:
You need me to diagram it for you?

"I don't think anyone is lamenting that Leak is no longer our WR coach, though many thought he should have been offered of one the many quality assistants at least."

Please do. Leak should have been offered an assistant? Or did you mean to say he should have been OFFED?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n268105 said:
"I don't think anyone is lamenting that Leak is no longer our WR coach, though many thought he should have been offered of one the many quality assistants at least."

Please do. Leak should have been offered an assistant? Or did you mean to say he should have been OFFED?

He's only able to post coherent sentences when he's bashing Foley (copy and paste). :lol:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n267744 said:
THIS.

Dixon is on the staff to recruit South Florida. When we start 4-0, watch the recruits begin to pour in.
This! It's no secret that Mac will spend a good deal of time with the WR group and mentoring KD along the way. I feel better about the coaching at WR than I have in a very long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n268075 said:
It's your classic transference of self-doubt.
:rotfl: You practicing psychiatry now?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n268138 said:
He's only able to post coherent sentences when he's bashing Foley (copy and paste). :lol:
You making fun of dyslexia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator