Princely sounds off on our S&C program

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last guy who was successful here had a S&C philosophy based on 4-6 seconds of relentless effort because 95% of all football plays last 4-6 seconds....i.e lots of heavy lifting and short explosive movements(power cleans, squats, bench press, box jumps and wind sprints)

That seemed to work out pretty good, huh?
He also rewarded special teams players and made it a focal point of every practice . Billy Bob doesn’t believe in practicing special teams and thinks having a special teams coach is a waste .

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
If asked, I bet this guy would help out in the S&C room and in the Motivation & Never Quitting Dept of Florida Gator, Inc.
1704645131438.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s the guy that led the team in sacks and was one of the few bright spots on a dreadful defense . If you don’t know who he is you probably haven’t watched a ball game. In that case most the board probably envies you.Badmouthing Billy Bob and his staff isn’t “ setting up excuses “ nor being a jackass . Good players would rather eat dirt than lose and that’s why Princely left.
I think he was being facetious

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've watched Kiffen at the very least, trying to correct his problems on defense.
He did go out and get Durkin, then lost him to A&M.
Durkin is a recruiter, not a coordinator.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
UF still sticking with the Jane Fonda fitness I see.

Dance Dancing GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alot of running and yet
View attachment 66230

Some people just see Boone on this play. Now rewind and look at 21 demanding a triple team (and still penetrating). Best view is at the very end of the clip.

Ventrell's fake pressure also occupied the tackle although he is actually either spying or has some coverage if the back leaks out. This is only a 3 man pressure. (Seems like a poor line call too which should have been slide right, but Im not sure what we were showing pre-snap looked like and if we showed pressure on the other side.)

If Im grading that play, I give 12 +, 51 + or ++, and 21 ++ or maybe +++.

21 needs to lose some weight but he remains our best NT, period.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I heard Princely interviewed along with AR in the late fall of 2022. They both sounded very chill and content, no sign of frustration or urgency to win. I’m not giving the disgruntled ex-employee too much weight here (pun intended), but clearly a change was needed and has been made. I hated seeing 360lb guys on both sides of the ball getting pushed around.

SOS gave the new S&C guy a very strong endorsement. He was the S&C for the HBC when SC won the SECe.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Some people just see Boone on this play. Now rewind and look at 21 demanding a triple team (and still penetrating).

Ventrell's fake pressure also occupied the tackle although he is actually either spying or has some coverage if the back leaks out. This is only a 3 man pressure. (Seems like a poor line call too which should have been slide right, but Im not sure what we were showing pre-snap looked like and if we showed pressure on the other side.)

21 needs to lose some weight but he remains our best NT, period.

He can barely get on and off the field during subs....but yes like a lot of sub performing players he's the best we got at that position. The fact that he hasn't lost a god damned pound in 3 years speaks loudly of lack of motivation....not sure if that is shared by himself and the coaches, but you'd think with million dollar contracts on the line he would take it upon himself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Princely interviewed along with AR in the late fall of 2022. They both sounded very chill and content, no sign of frustration or urgency to win. .
Players almost always reflect they coaching staff and neither Douchebag Dan or Cajun Taggart felt the slightest pressure to win. Their comfort with losing was clearly reflected in the players.

Did you ever see either coaching looking sick after a loss like Meyer did or just absolutely pissed like SOS did? Nahhh... if anything Slingblade looks like a puppy running to midfield so Kirby can pat him on the head after another blowout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He can barely get on and off the field during subs....but yes like a lot of sub performing players he's the best we got at that position. The fact that he hasn't lost a god damned pound in 3 years speaks loudly of lack of motivation....not sure if that is shared by himself and the coaches, but you'd think with million dollar contracts on the line he would take it upon himself.
The subset of players who demand triple teams and/or defeat double teams is like maybe one or two handful of players in the NCAA. The last dudes we had like this were Sharif Floy and Omar Hunter.

I would have someone on staff assigned to monitor him daily and get him extra help like Ozempic or something to control insulin resistance which he likely has. Getting him down to 380-400 could be a show stopper on defense. He is incredibly strong from what Ive heard (and seen).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The subset of players who demand triple teams and/or defeat double teams is like maybe one or two handful of players in the NCAA. The last dudes we had like this were Sharif Floy and Omar Hunter.

I would have someone on staff assigned to monitor him daily and get him extra help like Ozempic or something to control insulin resistance which he likely has. Getting him down to 380-400 could be a show stopper on defense. He is incredibly strong from what Ive heard (and seen).
Floyd was a different animal...everydown badass Mfer...Hunter would be a better comparison...yes if he could get to about 380# he would be all conference in my opinion...forget the drugs just duct tape his fat ass mouth shut every morning for about the next 4 months and he'd be good to go next fall...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
neither Douchebag Dan or Cajun Taggart felt the slightest pressure to win. Their comfort with losing was clearly reflected in the players.
And to me that says more about the AD than them. The UA has gotten so accustomed to losing that as long as we dont lose AND embarrass ourselves off the field, they think everything is going fine. As long as the kids go to class, get decent grades and dont get arrested for crimes, our queer AD thinks we are #winning! Soo of course there's no pressure. We need a guy who puts it on himself b/c he demands excellence of him and everyone around him. Tater just wants everyone to try and have a good attitude.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It should, especially from the HBC. But we’ve now seen, from two guys that have been hired, a lack of oversight in the S&C program. I think McElwain just didn’t give a rip, thinking he was smart enough to coach beyond any deficiencies and Billy was likely too trusting along with being focused intently on his role as OC. No excuse for either guy regardless of the reason, it’s too important a piece in the competitive scheme. But I have seen high school coaches that didn’t think it was all that important as long as they had a speed advantage.

I imagine there are those collegiately that feel the same way, but in the higher levels, SEC et al, the prevailing notion is that it’s still a “line of scrimmage game” and usually the stronger team has a distinct advantage. Even though I ran the middle school weight classes for 10 yrs I spent about half of those summers helping manage the HS summer workouts that were required to be well-attended. When we camped at Troy State to begin the fall season, we always took our weight equipment and the kids got a lift in once a day between the three-a-days while we were up there. I can’t imagine a serious program at the HS or college level that doesn’t assign supreme importance to S&C.

Ah yes, the dreaded three-a-day training sessions.
We had those in high school as well.

- 8:00 - Running for an hour

- 11:00 - Weight training for an hour

- 3:00 - Full pads practice

We weren’t the most talented team in the state of Florida but nobody was tougher or stronger than us.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ah yes, the dreaded three-a-day training sessions.
We had those in high school as well.

- 8:00 - Running for an hour

- 11:00 - Weight training for an hour

- 3:00 - Full pads practice

We weren’t the most talented team in the state of Florida but nobody was tougher or stronger than us.
1704741602772.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator