Princely sounds off on our S&C program

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Princely recently had some comments on the pervious S&C staff. Probably not surprising, but they are pretty negative.

Not sure if this was already posted somewhere else, but feel free to merge or delete if needed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Princely wasnt good trying to move to SDE (and even some DT under that lunatic Dwagtham) and desperately needed to get smaller and hopefully faster. He isnt a hand in the dirt WDE in the NFL. He just isnt strong enough in run defense (and 99% of 240-260 pounders arent). He better get fast enough to play (true) OLB.

None of the team looked strong though.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
To be fair, Princely wasnt good trying to move to SDE and even DT, and desperately needed to get smaller and hopefully faster. He isnt a WDE in the NFL. He better get fast enough to play (true) OLB.
Two separate issues though. I believe what he is saying about the S&C program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two separate issues though. I believe what he is saying about the S&C program.
Agreed. I was modding that answer.

He NEEDED to lose size, but we look weak at every position.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the comments wondered why Princely and others didn’t just conduct weight workouts on their own instead of blaming Hocke or making excuses for poor season(s) performances? I guess they should have, a la the McElwain plan under Izzy Mandelbaum, or whatever that clown’s name was. But that’s not a plan to get your teams ready to lineup and compete in the SEC. In addition to having a precise in- and off-season program for each player / position group to include both strength and speed development and maintenance, there’s also the team accountability and bonding that occurs during these required and managed workouts.

Hocke’s philosophy may well have been bent more toward speed development, but Billy has to bear the responsibility for the strength deficiencies that were pretty obvious to even the casual fans. It looks like he’s taking corrective measures with the hiring of Fitzgerald (and to an extent with the NFL Nutritionist). Will it be too late is the question? The only reason that this could have been overlooked was that he was too engrossed in offensive game-planning, strategy, and review. I don’t think he was busy hawking barbecue sauce or shopping for outfits at Belk’s like McElwain (though I sometimes have wondered just how aware of the big picture of UF / SEC Football he really is).

I haven’t looked up the stats, but I’d suggest that sacks and pressures allowed by our OL were high and sacks and pressures recorded by our DL would indicate us not being as physical as we needed to be. Missed tackles, which probably set some kind of modern CFB record, can also be tied to a lack physical strength and not simply technique. If Billy is canned, I believe if he’s as honest and analytical as he has claimed, he’ll kick himself in the butt for not paying attention to this part of the program, or “process,” like he should have.

Last edited:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is anyone surprised that when we hired McElwain's protégé that we ended up with another weak S&C program? Everything Billy the Tard sells is snake oil. I can't wait till we run this fraud out of town. I hope the idiot who hired him is on the same bus out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is anyone surprised that when we hired McElwain's protégé that we ended up with another weak S&C program? Everything Billy the Tard sells is snake oil. I can't wait till we run this fraud out of town. I hope the idiot who hired him is on the same bus out.
I have to say, I'm pretty shocked to see you make a post like this.

I'm pretty happy with Billy, can't wait for the season to start.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Some of the comments wondered why Princely and others didn’t just conduct weight workouts on their own instead of blaming Hocke or making excuses for poor season(s) performances? I guess they should have, a la the McElwain plan under Izzy Mandelbaum, or whatever that clown’s name was. But that’s not a plan to get your teams ready to lineup and compete in the SEC. In addition to having a precise in- and off-season program for each player / position group to include both strength and speed development and maintenance, there’s also the team accountability and bonding that occurs during these required and managed workouts.

Hocke’s philosophy may well have been bent more toward speed development, but Billy has to bear the responsibility for the strength deficiencies that were pretty obvious to even the casual fans. It looks like he’s taking corrective measures with the hiring of Fitzgerald (and to an extent with the NFL Nutritionist). Will it be too late is the question? The only reason that this could have been overlooked was that he was too engrossed in offensive game-planning, strategy, and review. I don’t think he was busy hawking barbecue sauce or shopping for outfits at Belk’s like McElwain (though I sometimes have wondered just how aware of the big picture of UF / SEC Football he really is).

I haven’t looked up the stats, but I’d suggest that sacks and pressures allowed by our OL were high and sacks and pressures recorded by our DL would suggest us not being as physical as we needed to be. Missed tackles, which probably set some kind of modern CFB record, can also be tied to a lack physical strength and not simply technique. If Billy is canned, I believe if he’s as honest and analytical as he has claimed, he has claimed, he’ll kick himself in the butt for not paying attention to this part of the program, or “process,” like he should have.
I'm sure you said a lot of great stuff, but I'm still stuck on...
Jerry Seinfeld Comedy GIF

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another talented guy out there because he’s tired of losing .Princely is a good player and will not only have a damn fine season but also enjoy those coeds in Oxford .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Another talented guy out there because he’s tired of losing .Princely is a good player and will not only have a damn fine season but also enjoy those coeds in Oxford .
The guy was terrible. Just because you hate Billy doesn't suddenly make bad players good.

He'll suck balls in Oxford just like he sucked balls here and Ole Miss will be lucky to win 7 games next year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Troubling that it took going into year 3 to make the change, but better late than never I guess

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy was terrible. Just because you hate Billy doesn't suddenly make bad players good.

He'll suck balls in Oxford just like he sucked balls here and Ole Miss will be lucky to win 7 games next year.
I like Princely .7 sacks and a good teammate . You think he loses to Arkansas again?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he takes a few plays off in Oxford like he did here.
That came up in several comments on X, him giving up on plays. I don’t doubt the legitimacy of concerns regarding the deficiencies of the S&C program, but when a guy who is seen by all to give up on plays, fail to pursue, not give 100% effort on each snap he is in the game, it can certainly create skepticism or at least be used to bolster supporters not wanting to believe such programmatic shortcomings are possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.