Purdue fans take on Appleby

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the staff; although I think Skipper does his job.

I highly disagree with receiver position assessment; I think we are really talented, just really young. Swain, Hammond, and yes even Cleveland will be great in the coming years
In the future yes. But we couldn't get any seperation against north freaking texas the other night. At the moment Callaway is the only receiver we got that scares anybody. Powell has shown flashes in the slot but even he was shut down by north Texas.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and nuss have been mediocre oc's the majority of their careers and are surrounded by a converted linebacker coach, fau's rb coach for the receivers, summers and nord. Let's not pretend applebee is getting coached by Steve spurrier here.

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Originally Posted by :
Think Tebow with all of the stupid God stuff but none of the talent...

:lol2:
Harsh

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the future yes. But we couldn't get any seperation against north freaking texas the other night. At the moment Callaway is the only receiver we got that scares anybody. Powell has shown flashes in the slot but even he was shut down by north Texas.

We actually did get separation against North Texas, but Del Rio was not on his game. The long pass to Powell... Chris Thompson had 2 guys beat by 5 yards. On the PI ball... Thompson had the guy beat and Hammond had his guy beat on the long ball he caught.. it was just underthrown.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The one Purdue fan's post remarking that he is not a long ball passer is a little concerning. One of the bright spots thus far on O is that we've had some success throwing over the top to Callaway and others. That has kept defenses from stacking the box with the safeties. Those passes are high risk/high reward too. If they're not connecting they can be drive killers; but when they are, you usually get some points on the board and create space for the backs to operate. Hopefully that poster's opinion is an anomaly, since I've not read that anywhere else, yet we have heard about his rocket arm.
IDK, LDRs not a long ball passer either. He can get it out there at times (see Callaway vs KY), but many of his deep passes are underthrown. I think the biggest difference between LDR and AA is accuracy. Hopefully AA will be on target Saturday, and if he doesn't feel it, he should tuck it and run (something LDR cannot do).

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
We actually did get separation against North Texas, but Del Rio was not on his game. The long pass to Powell... Chris Thompson had 2 guys beat by 5 yards. On the PI ball... Thompson had the guy beat and Hammond had his guy beat on the long ball he caught.. it was just underthrown.

I'll agree with that. Add 3-4 yards to every long ball and he looks all world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.