QB Battle: Del Rio has the lead, gets extra year of eligibility

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Is anyone but me a little concerned about Del Rio and his eligibility? I mean we have Trask, Franks, Allen for 2017...if Del Rio has that much time left we could potentially lose all 3 to transfer.

Del Rio will be eligible for the NFL draft after this year. If he is great he goes to the NFL. If he is serviceable but not great he will lose the starting job to one of the underclassmen QBs. We won't lose Allen, and Franks and Trask will stay gators.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Can't be. We don't get elite players anymore. Remember?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is it just me or does Del Rio seem to have an unusual throwing motion?

6_4370166.jpg

Hahaha well done!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The way I understood that story was that 24 qbs were invited out there to be winnowed down to an elite eleven. But, I have been wrong before.

I'm not sure. I thought he was down to the final 11 but I'm probably wrong.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Is anyone but me a little concerned about Del Rio and his eligibility? I mean we have Trask, Franks, Allen for 2017...if Del Rio has that much time left we could potentially lose all 3 to transfer.

Del Rio just seems like a band-aid rather than an actual fix
Don't worry. If anyone is likely to transfer it would likely be Del Rio....he has plenty of experience transferring.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask will stay gators.
Im really concerned that Houston Baptist me lure him back if he doesn't win the third string clipboardholder or backup placekicker holder position.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac can improve Appleby's passing some he appears to be a gamer on tape. He has flattened LBs running the ball and doesn't get rattled like a lot of QBs. He just needs to protect the ball better when passing.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If Mac can improve Appleby's passing some he appears to be a gamer on tape. He has flattened LBs running the ball and doesn't get rattled like a lot of QBs. He just needs to protect the ball better when passing.

Perhaps he'll be used in goal line situations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im really concerned that Houston Baptist me lure him back if he doesn't win the third string clipboardholder or backup placekicker holder position.
If this happens, it would be a disaster, as I believe all of the Crofoot brothers have used up their eligibility. We are dangerously thin at the "Pounceys' Mom" (i.e. Deep Snapper) and Placekick Holder positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.