Question about decommits

S

Swampthing

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we are able to turn our offense around, how many decommits become recommits?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think we get more flippers than recommits. We didn't want them anyway ;)

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I understand I think we would take the safety who went to the Dawgs. the rest no. Parrish and the other db from my understanding weren't doing the things that the staff asked them. And quite frankly I think JC is right, when we turn it around this year we'll have a lot better players to choose from. Both McCloud and St. Louis have said that they are keeping recruitment open.Most of the prognosticators seem to think they'll flip when we shoe we have an offense.Gator J said that he thought they were getting themselves places just in case, and he's usually right on recruiting stuff.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swampthing;n22361 said:

Nice avatar!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im optimistic we ll finish no worse than 12th in the SEC. Or maybe The Flipper will steal some 3 stars and have another great year by finishing 6th in the SEC like last year, just behind Kintucky again.

It was a great recruiting job to have an average class after it became so apparent his coaching is so pathetic.

We're so lucky to have him. If the other coaches would just quit lying to him and forcing him to hire bad OCs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n22375 said:
Im optimistic we ll finish no worse than 12th in the SEC. Or maybe The Flipper will steal some 3 stars and have another great year by finishing 6th in the SEC again, just behind Kintucky again.

:blahblah:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
sonomagator;n22372 said:
From what I understand I think we would take the safety who went to the Dawgs.
Not according to Law....He said Champ sent the kid to UGA knowing that he would be the kids DC there next year when he returns to his alma mater:rotfl:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao: except no way in hell he'd EVER use Champ, he's partial to all the cutsey little pet names he's so fond of.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chimp has never been the champ of anything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think McCloud is the most likely to flip. But to be honest I think Muschamp needs to work on Jacques Patrick and Dexter Williams at RB. I'm not sure how McCloud fits. Great athlete. But really no position. Maybe a slot receiver or return guy? Worton and Bailey will be manning the slot for the next couple years IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know we joke around but we didn't want them anyways.we have bigger holes to fill.the last 3 commits we got outweighs losing them by a ton

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that McCloud would be primarily a rb and work as a returner and have some work in the slot.I agree about Worton and Bailey though, think they'll be fixtures for the next 3-4. On 24/7 they were saying that the staff is turning up the heat on Williams, I do think that he is more important than McCloud, he's a true rb.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n22427 said:
I know we joke around but we didn't want them anyways.we have bigger holes to fill.the last 3 commits we got outweighs losing them by a ton

We've had some great commits over the last week or so. I'd rather have these monsters on the offensive line over the defections. Summers has been the most impactful coach on the recruiting trail IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a good week. Any week that includes getting an OL commit is a good week.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The past few days is a positive but we have a long way to go to salvage this class.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swampthing;n22361 said:

Off topic, but great av! My four-year-old asked me yesterday who was on my t-shirt and I explained to her who Eddie was. I'm not sure she quite understood, but she likes him.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
t-gator;n22427 said:

We've had some great commits over the last week or so. I'd rather have these monsters on the offensive line over the defections. Summers has been the most impactful coach on the recruiting trail IMO.
Brown on twitter tonight said he knows of 2 players that WILL be flipping to us a 4 and a 5 star.dont know who he's talking about but..

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For some reason not getting McCloud didn't bother me. Not that he isn't a good player but we are loaded at RB and slot for a couple of years. I also like Dillon better as a receiver/returner. Not sure if you guys have seen his highlight tapes but he is either playing against The School of the Blind in every clip of is the most under rated player in the country !!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n22543 said:
For some reason not getting McCloud didn't bother me. Not that he isn't a good player but we are loaded at RB and slot for a couple of years.

Agreed. Just keep signing those OL and DTs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;22543 said:
For some reason not getting McCloud didn't bother me. Not that he isn't a good player but we are loaded at RB and slot for a couple of years. I also like Dillon better as a receiver/returner. Not sure if you guys have seen his highlight tapes but he is either playing against The School of the Blind in every clip of is the most under rated player in the country !!!

I agree. I think Dillon is the most electrifying athlete in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.