Rams vs Chiefs

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Anybody that's saying that there was no D in this game didn't watch it. Rams forced 5 turnovers and had a DE that scored two really impressive TDs on D. I never watch nfl. But I watched this one and it was definitely worth it.

Fun stats: First nfl game where both teams scored over 50.

3rd most points scored in a game in NFL history.

14 TDs, 1,001 combined total yards.

Chiefs turned the ball over 5 times and still scored 51

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
It was like a Big 12 game with all the scoring.
Defense finally showed up occasionally to win it in the end.

And -
Can you tell the difference between Goff and Giovanni Ribisi?

lyric_and_touching_giovanni_ribisi_7936898_629_680.jpg

Gofff.jpg

Goff is the one with the football?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So 38-35 is fine but 54-51 is not? Is there really a big difference?

Yeah, 32 points, which is the equivalent to the total score in some games. I don’t think I’ve seen as many 70+ yard TD drives in less than 2 minutes in a game before. Receivers running wide open with no DBs in sight. It’s definitely not what I expected nor what I like when watching an NFL game. Being professionals and two of the top teams in the league, I expected and hoped to see more balance. Neither team will make the Super Bowl playing crap defense like they did last night. The playoffs have a way of weeding out lopsided teams.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest drawback was all the penalties.

Alex.

13 on the Chiefs. From the outset the refs were determined to give the Rams more than home field advantage.
Yep, I’m a Chiefs fan.
:gah:
Hope we get another crack at them in the SB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, 32 points, which is the equivalent to the total score in some games. I don’t think I’ve seen as many 70+ yard TD drives in less than 2 minutes in a game before. Receivers running wide open with no DBs in sight. It’s definitely not what I expected nor what I like when watching an NFL game. Being professionals and two of the top teams in the league, I expected and hoped to see more balance. Neither team will make the Super Bowl playing crap defense like they did last night. The playoffs have a way of weeding out lopsided teams.
Either the Rams, Chiefs, or Saints are winning the Super Bowl, and none of them have very good defenses.

Normally I would dismiss a team like the Chiefs because of defensive woes but Patrick Mahomes is so good he may take that team all the way. He's incredible.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Either the Rams, Chiefs, or Saints are winning the Super Bowl, and none of them have very good defenses.

This isn't necessarily true. The colts may be 5-5, but a lot of that has to do with Luck getting back into form and their very young defense maturing which it is. By season's end they'll have a top 10 offense and maybe a top 10 caliber defense. But, have have dug a hole to deep to get out of? There are 4 teams tied at 5-5. The ravens schedule is going to end their chances. The colts play the phins and titans which are both 5-5. If they get in, I can see them beating the chefs. They will be the most balanced team in the afc alongside the chargers who could also beat the chefs.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Normally I would dismiss a team like the Chiefs because of defensive woes but Patrick Mahomes is so good he may take that team all the way. He's incredible.

The Chiefs aren’t going all the way this year. I doubt they’ll even win the AFC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just read that the Chiefs were the first team in the history of the NFL to score 50 points and lose. It was 216-0.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just read that the Chiefs were the first team in the history of the NFL to score 50 points and lose. It was 216-0.
Sure, rub it in.
:sadnanner:

Chiefs are still winning the Super Bowl though, GiG.
:bart:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Since it was also the first NFL game to ever have both teams score 50 points, I'd say obvious stat is obvious.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads