Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
FB-IMG-1619485576273.jpg

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
On April 25, 1976, Rick Monday was playing center field for the Chicago Cubs in a game at Dodger Stadium when two protesters, William Thomas and his 11-year-old son, ran onto the field and attempted to set fire to an American flag.
They laid the American flag on the field and doused it with lighter fluid.
However, before they were able to get a match lit, Monday ran over and took the flag away and carried it off the field. Thomas and his son were arrested and taken from the stadium.
It is okay to
2764.png
America.

Comment

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
On April 25, 1976, Rick Monday was playing center field for the Chicago Cubs in a game at Dodger Stadium when two protesters, William Thomas and his 11-year-old son, ran onto the field and attempted to set fire to an American flag.
They laid the American flag on the field and doused it with lighter fluid.
However, before they were able to get a match lit, Monday ran over and took the flag away and carried it off the field. Thomas and his son were arrested and taken from the stadium.
It is okay to
2764.png
America.

Comment

I remember this well despite only being a teenager. I also seem to recall that when Monday next came up to the plate, he got quite the standing O from the LA crowd. Sadly, I suspect it would be different today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.