Randy Shannon hired to be Co-DC, Associate HC, LB coach, recruiting coordinator - will help us more

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140606 said:
You're still my favorite poster.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any insight at all into why Shannon hasn't been a DC anywhere? It seems like he would have been a pretty hot commodity there after leaving Miami. It is possible he has halitosis?
Sha la la la fallout?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n140602]

Very poor attempt by me to translate his notorious 2008 comment. [/QUOTE]

I got it.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
oxrageous;n140606 said:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any insight at all into why Shannon hasn't been a DC anywhere? It seems like he would have been a pretty hot commodity there after leaving Miami. It is possible he has halitosis?

Many issues in life are related to timing, good or bad. It may be that he hasn't yet found what he considers to be the "right" opening at the right time. The timing for Michigan and Harbaugh or Urban and OSU (or even Muschamp/Auburn) turned out to be just right. Perhaps the opposite has been true for Shannon.

Judging by some comments in this thread there are those who consider him to be damaged goods (whether its true or not). He may have decided to take some time and just coach....without the pressure of being a coordinator or head coach. Clearly when a coach is fired there's some negative stigma attached and they often (but not always) have to work their way back up the ladder.

Anyway, it's hard to say why he hasn't taken another DC job just yet but it seems the circumstances have worked to the Gators' favor in this case.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140606 said:

I'd guess it's Shapiro fallout. Even though he has been touted as the only coach telling players to stay away, he was the HBC when all that went down. Likely just stigma from it all.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n140644 said:
I'd guess it's Shapiro fallout. Even though he has been touted as the only coach telling players to stay away, he was the HBC when all that went down. Likely just stigma from it all.

That makes sense to me. There's no stink in college football like Miami stink.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shapiro = Shalala; she let him be close to the programs for the MONEY.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n140648]

That makes sense to me. There's no stink in college football like Miami stink. [/QUOTE]
The smell coming out of Tallahassee right now is pretty bad. Smells kinda fishy. Like rotten crab or something.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaneThing would shiitte his pants over this...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n140648]

That makes sense to me. There's no stink in college football like Miami stink. [/QUOTE]
You could sell tshirts with that on it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If the guy can help recruiting, it doesn't even matter if he can coach.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n140467 said:
I always thought Randy was an excellent assistant coach and a terrible head coach. With that said he is walking into a complete bare cupboard at the LB position at UF. Even if Morrison comes back, he is a terrible out of the box LB and everyone else on the roster has shown absolutely zero. I don;t know which returning unit is worse LB or O-line.
That's right. If he can recruit, that's just why we need him. The recruiting cupboard for LB's and OL's is bare.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
oxking;n140838 said:
That's right. If he can recruit, that's just why we need him. The recruiting cupboard for LB's and OL's is bare.

Our dumbazz defensive "genius" head coach Chump decided it was fine taking 0 LBs last year...he even turned away a good LB that wanted to commit to us. What a buffoon.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like UFPD's budget just went up for 2015.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If he can help turn the dumpster fire of recruiting we have on our hands, I'll love this hire.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n140886 said:
Looks like UFPD's budget just went up for 2015.

Really though? Because Miami had exactly one arrest during his tenure as HC. Besides, he won't be the disciplinarian on the team, McElwain will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.