Rapey Winston will not play against Clemson

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Danny Kanell thinks the punishment is harsh.
Least favorite commentator out there. Does not hide his homerism (or stupidity for that matter)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n54896 said:
Danny Kanell thinks the punishment is harsh.
Aww,,, that's unfortunate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And here I put money down that they'd still cover. This was 2 hours ago, of course.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
With this happening at the last minute is it possible there are some other factors at play. Has he screwed up again?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're definitely getting ahead of ourselves but while we're here , there are alot of scenarios that would keep fsu out of the playoffs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
t-gator;n54907 said:
We're definitely getting ahead of ourselves but while we're here , there are alot of scenarios that would keep fsu out of the playoffs.
Like us whipping their aszes Nov 29th

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
threatmatrix;n54878 said:
Playoff selection committee will take into consideration that Rapey did not play in game if they happen t lose. Sounds like halF aSs U has thought of all the angles. They look good and don't hurt their NC chances.

It doesn't matter. It's still a loss and trust me, a one loss acc team isn't gonna make the playoffs
I can believe that, given the football IQ of some of the playoff committee and the various interests they represent. I know we were hoping for more, but this looks to me like playoff selection is evolving into one more step away from college football as legitimate sports competition and a step closer to college football as scripted storylines.laid out for a season

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
t-gator;n54907 said:
Like us whipping their aszes Nov 29th
There's one scenario!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
threatmatrix;n54906 said:
With this happening at the last minute is it possible there are some other factors at play. Has he screwed up again?

Heard he yelled something about anal while eating lunch at Denny's.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the Title IX investigation is causing some sphincter tightening in Tallahassee.

Alex.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why did the decision go until midnight tonight. Seems like an odd time to make and announce a decision.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Why did the decision go until midnight tonight. Seems like an odd time to make and announce a decision.
Force Clemson to have to prepare for both QBs.

Alex.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n54893 said:
This actually amazes me, 'noles really do believe that the football program runs the University not the other way around:

"It bothers me a bit that these statements are coming from the university administration rather than the head coach. Who is the one making these decisions? If no laws or university rules were broken in this case then I question whether or not the admin should be stepping in and making these calls."

What this person doesn't realize is that what winston yelled goes beyond obscene words into gender degradation ( sort of like screaming hang the n-------- or something similar is hostile and degrading racially) It relates to a sexually hostile educational environment, and that does very much involve the administration of the university, which is already dealing with federal title IX investigation and potential loss of revenue This person probably doesn't understand that it is not just a couple of words that are the problem with that phrase.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Good point. Who knows what else he may have done.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
threatmatrix;n54906 said:

Heard he yelled something about anal while eating lunch at Denny's.
See, I can't tell if you are joking. It is so possible with him.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
I wonder if the Title IX investigation is causing some sphincter tightening in Tallahassee.

Alex.
definitely. why else would he have gotten a suspension of any kind? Jimbo was already vague about whether there would be one, and making excuses for him. The ramifications to the school financially are significant enough for the president and AD to take over in a more directive way as ultimately, they are accountable

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
or he did something else.

Also have been reading, as well as hearing from friends in Tally, that there is a lot of disgust from the fan base ( at least older non students and alumni who are not necessarily sports fans) and that the admin has been getting calls and letters about the 1/2 game suspension being an embarrassment and continuing to reflect poorly on FSU.

This said, I imagine that the media criticism is a primary factor- unless winston just did something else, maybe defy Fisher in front of team or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator