Rapey Winston will not play against Clemson

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n54990]The FSU interim president cites a "continuing investigation" of Tuesday's incident behind the decision to lengthen the suspension. Continuing investigation? Really? FSU has poured more resources into finding out whether Winston actually did get on a table and shout out a gender slur (at the worst possible time) than it did over the entire rape allegation. FSU. F*cking Shameless University.[/QUOTE]

This is what it is about. I have been saying this over and over. There is potential loss of revenue.

This last display by Winston is a prime example of a sexually hostile climate for female students if FSU does not step in.

Much more so, coming from an accused rapist at a school under a charge by the victim that they did not investigate fully or properly. Also supports accusations by others of lack of follow up on other reports of sexual abuse. Also the lack of understanding of the harm in what he said, displayed by a virulent faction of the fan base all over the internet doesn't help the FSU image as far as Titile IX sexual issues.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
[QUOTE='78;n54990]The FSU interim president cites a "continuing investigation" of Tuesday's incident behind the decision to lengthen the suspension. Continuing investigation? Really? FSU has poured more resources into finding out whether Winston actually did get on a table and shout out a gender slur (at the worst possible time) than it did over the entire rape allegation. FSU. F*cking Shameless University.

This is what it is about. I have been saying this over and over. There is potential loss of revenue.

This last display by Winston is a prime example of a sexually hostile climate for female students if FSU does not step in.

Much more so, coming from an accused rapist at a school under a charge by the victim that they did not investigate fully or properly. Also supports accusations by others of lack of follow up on other reports of sexual abuse. Also the lack of understanding of the harm in what he said, displayed by a virulent faction of the fan base all over the internet doesn't help the FSU image as far as Titile IX sexual issues.[/quote]Yep, bowing to the almighty dollar and hardly masking their intention. It's no different than the Vikings "exempting" or whatever euphemism they used to describe the action against Adrian Peterson not so coincidentally right AFTER the Radisson pulled its sponsorship.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n54956 said:
Other Tallahassee residents can confirm or deny, but my take is that this town wants so badly to be proud of last year's team...but Winston keeps throwing water on that pride. I cannot remember a championship being so "incognito". UF's Softball National Championship gets more love than them.

This latest event has really upset the older, booster related fan base...and I am impressed frankly that they give a damn. They are really trying to climb the ladder of respectability as an educational institution and they have a football player who won't behave and a presidential selection committee cluster ****.

A game suspension was appropriate from the beginning, as a result of an accumulation of events. I know Jimbo hates it, especially since this appears to have come from over his head...but I admire the school's attempt to do the right thing and put sports in the proper perspective.

Admire the administrations attempt to do the right thing? Seriously? Like the way they handled the rape investigation? Like the way they allowed him to not show up to any of the hearings without repercussion? This is nothing more than a panic mode reaction to increased media scrutiny. I don't admire a damn thing about that place or anyone associated with it. Clowns gonna clown. :nole:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
TallyGator said:
Other Tallahassee residents can confirm or deny, but my take is that this town wants so badly to be proud of last year's team...but Winston keeps throwing water on that pride. I cannot remember a championship being so "incognito". UF's Softball National Championship gets more love than them.

This latest event has really upset the older, booster related fan base...and I am impressed frankly that they give a damn. They are really trying to climb the ladder of respectability as an educational institution and they have a football player who won't behave and a presidential selection committee cluster ****.

A game suspension was appropriate from the beginning, as a result of an accumulation of events. I know Jimbo hates it, especially since this appears to have come from over his head...but I admire the school's attempt to do the right thing and put sports in the proper perspective.
I agree. I think there must have pressure from big time boosters who want to win without the "ick factor".

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad said:
[QUOTE='78;n54990]The FSU interim president cites a "continuing investigation" of Tuesday's incident behind the decision to lengthen the suspension. Continuing investigation? Really? FSU has poured more resources into finding out whether Winston actually did get on a table and shout out a gender slur (at the worst possible time) than it did over the entire rape allegation. FSU. F*cking Shameless University.

Much more so, coming from an accused rapist at a school under a charge by the victim that they did not investigate fully or properly. Also supports accusations by others of lack of follow up on other reports of sexual abuse. Also the lack of understanding of the harm in what he said, displayed by a virulent faction of the fan base all over the internet doesn't help the FSU image as far as Titile IX sexual issues.[/quote]Nailed it, Jenny. "Hostile climate for female students" is exactly what is being investigated. Winston serves it up on a platter for them.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Jimbo would be better off saying "no comment" rather than try to rationalize Winston's "youthful" indiscretions as "ok"

But then again...that's Jimbo being Dumbo...looking stupid seems normal for him

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n54933 said:
RT @Rachel__Nichols: Am being told increased penalty for FSU's Jameis Winston came after school discovered he'd not been entirely truthful

:shocked:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
RT @Rachel__Nichols: Am being told increased penalty for FSU's Jameis Winston came after school discovered he'd not been entirely truthful

Intially Mr. Winston told coaches he had used the word 'poontang'.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n55005 said:
Admire the administrations attempt to do the right thing? Seriously? Like the way they handled the rape investigation? Like the way they allowed him to not show up to any of the hearings without repercussion? This is nothing more than a panic mode reaction to increased media scrutiny. I don't admire a damn thing about that place or anyone associated with it. Clowns gonna clown. :nole:

If they REALLY gave a damn they would have suspended him from the university for refusing to cooperate with the university investigation.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator said:
MJMGator;n55005 said:

If they REALLY gave a damn they would have suspended him from the university for refusing to cooperate with the university investigation.
Exactly!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So there have been rumblings around the interweb that Jameis could in fact actually be done at FSU. Might have something to do with the Title IX investigation. It's also been said that he wasn't truthful with school administration about what he said or where he was standing when he said it. Kid just doesn't get it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n55091 said:
So there have been rumblings around the interweb that Jameis could in fact actually be done at FSU. Might have something to do with the Title IX investigation. It's also been said that he wasn't truthful with school administration about what he said or where he was standing when he said it. Kid just doesn't get it.
I seriously, seriously doubt that. I'd be stunned.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think that's evident by his actions.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

hmmm that's unfortunate

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nobody lawyers up like the Noles they will figure out a way to delay this for a year in till he's in the NFL

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gatoravatara;n55101 said:
The cant be just about the P-word, something else is going on. Perhaps he raped somebody else.

It really can be the F-word and P-word shouted from a tabletop at the student union while the University is being investigated to determine if there is a hostile environment for female students. An investigation precipitated by the ass-hat who used the F & P words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.