Real Possibility Only Conference games; No Florida vs FSU this year

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
You didn't stock up?!?! Or did you upsell it all to those poor souls who couldn't make it to Walmart in time?
I'm jk I've probably for sure gotten it. I've been all over ....multiple cities working. This whole thing is serious but not to the point of cancelling football games serious.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I'm jk I've probably for sure gotten it. I've been all over ....multiple cities working. This whole thing is serious but not to the point of cancelling football games serious.

Haha ya I was just joking around. I agree.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see the season cancelled, college and pro, than see some kind of half-assed season where people are mask-shamed and can't touch each other in the stands, if they are allowed to attend at all, that is. Nothing like a college football game played in silence! It's absolutely ludicrous and absurd.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
My buddy just told me Notre dAme is freaking out right now because of this.
The ACC has already announced they will bend over for ND and make their schools schedule them.

ND will probably pick Georgia Tech, NC State, Duke, Wake and Syracuse.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I don't see college football happening at this point, no matter how they want to structure it.
Hell, they shut down the entire foundation of our economy, handed out stimulus checks to anyone with a pulse (and some without a pulse), and expanded unemployment benefits so that a kid that normally earns 200 dollars a week can draw 3 to 4 times that much.
Do you really think the ones pulling the reigns give a damn about the economy?

Something tells me that none of this shyt would be happening if we were not facing an election.

Our only hope in saving what is left of the values of our country is to vote for Trump.

This is not to say that there are no real concerns about the virus, but the actions taken--how it has been handled--appear to be politically motivated.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
The ACC has already announced they will bend over for ND and make their schools schedule them.

ND will probably pick Georgia Tech, NC State, Duke, Wake and Syracuse.
Why don't they just join the ACC already ? Why is this still a thing in 2020? Byu already looks embarrassing trying to go same route as clown ND

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I don't see college football happening at this point, no matter how they want to structure it.
Hell, they shut down the entire foundation of our economy, handed out stimulus checks to anyone with a pulse (and some without a pulse), and expanded unemployment benefits so that a kid that normally earns 200 dollars a week can draw 3 to 4 times that much.
Do you really think the ones pulling the reigns give a damn about the economy?

Something tells me that none of this shyt would be happening if we were not facing an election.

Our only hope in saving what is left of the values of our country is to vote for Trump.

This is not to say that there are no real concerns about the virus, but the actions taken--how it has been handled--appear to be politically motivated.

Funny how the protesting led to a spike but isn’t the cause as well

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Four lokos are the epicenter of many bad decisions. Conversing with Ox Sandusky might be the the worst.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Funny how the protesting led to a spike but isn’t the cause too
I agree that is is not the cause, but it would certainly fit an agenda to support the acceptance of such actions.
I think we really need college football and collegiate sports to survive this, and it comes down to a political decision.
The "they" of which I refer are the health professionals which may or may not be influenced by a political agenda.
It's going to come down to a decision: Do we continue the sports with the understanding that these kids are going to be infected and move through it, or do we just shut it down and take our losses?
The history and pattern of actions support the latter.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see the season cancelled, college and pro,

I think that's exactly what you're going to end up seeing. At least in the fall.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
So they’re talking about a few exhibition games in empty stadiums that won’t really mean anything. Winning will have no real significance. My guess is the TV audience will plummet after a couple weeks. Either suit up and play for real, or shut it down and come back next year.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we have to go through a season without football in order to get back to real college ball it's ok with me. The damned sport is about to become NFL II. I enjoyed the hell out of ball when guys came here because the wanted to play for the school. So what if little bags of cash, not huge, get passed around. Screw the 6mm dollar coaches and the BS army of assistants who aren't really assistants. Screw the NCAA. Screw the Bama machine, professional in everything but name, and those like them. Screw the NFL. Those poor owners will have to come up with a farm team. Just play some real college ball again.

After the smoke clears we'll probably end up with more fans in the seats. Oh look, there's a guy on the field who actually wants to play for the University of Florida, not for a ticket to the NFL.

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
It’s cowardly and that’s what I’m concerned with
Yes, and it's cowardly that we--as a whole and a country--have been reduced to a point where we are forced to think of another human being based on the way we look or the color of our skin.
We are better than this.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Play the entire schedule or don't play any of it. No in between.

Like I said before, just wait until some top 10 squad has one of their QB's test positive during a game week, and the entire QB room has to quarantine.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Play the entire schedule or don't play any of it. No in between.

Like I said before, just wait until some top 10 squad has one of their QB's test positive during a game week, and the entire QB room has to quarantine.
Yep, that's the way it's going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator