Redemption for Dunlap?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy for both Dunlap and Jenkins for getting their degrees.
:chomp:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Since the only mistake you've made in life was becoming an insufferably miserable poster, it's evident you're unable to understand. More to the point, Carlos Dunlap doesn't owe you jack sh!t.

What exactly did I say that you feel is so miserable?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"It was a grievous fault, and grievously hath Caesar answered it. " Wearing the gown, Gator chomp, two college degrees...he made a bad mistake. He has atoned.

In all seriousness, do you feel we should hold Gators to a higher standard or should we let things slide ie lower the standard? Let bygones be bygones?

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
In all seriousness, do you feel we should hold Gators to a higher standard or should we let things slide ie lower the standard? Let bygones be bygones?
Having high standards and holding athletes accountable is not mutually exclusive of recognizing a positive achievement. They say it's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up. For him to get up and rep Gator Nation, especially after being trashed so thoroughly (yes deservingly), takes some heart. So yes, he's earned some redemption in my book.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Having high standards and holding athletes accountable is not mutually exclusive of recognizing a positive achievement. They say it's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up. For him to get up and rep Gator Nation, especially after being trashed so thoroughly (yes deservingly), takes some heart. So yes, he's earned some redemption in my book.
I'll agree to all of that.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good thing. He made good on a promise to his mother. I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with this or want to nay say it. There is so little of this in today's society. Again, this is a good thing. Go Gators.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No. I will never forgive Susie for kissing Jimmy back in 3rd grade when she knew I liked her. That btch.

That same year Suzie kissed me a lot and I was only in the first grade =
= Suzie was a cougar in the 3rd grade ??

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The brain finally caught up with the body. Congrats Gator.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunlap was also the team's Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2015...but I guess because he drank in college and we lost a football game he's still a terrible person.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Dunlap was also the team's Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2015...but I guess because he drank in college and we lost a football game he's still a terrible person.

Good for you Carlos... because:

During the 2009 season he recorded 38 tackles and nine sacks and was a consensus first-team All-SEC selection.
He ended his career with 84 tackles 19.5 sacks and three blocked kicks.
I'd say he had a lot to do with us getting to the SEC Champ game.
No doubt we could have used him, but if you recall that game against Bammer (and how could you forget) -
Do you really think with him being in the lineup we would have won that game?
We may have slowed them down somewhat but overall - it was just their day.

During that draft pick - he said a 'Go Gators' ...did a Gator chomp and repped us pretty well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

:exactly: Instead of applauding Dunlap for his efforts to get a college degree, some of the people here are still hellbent on taking out their misery on him for a loss that really could be pinned on any one of 20 guys. It's unfair, unjust and unreasonable.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Have you ever seen another pro athlete do that? Obviously it meant a lot to him to rep UF on stage. He could have repped the Bengals, but he chose to represent UF as well. Kudos to Carlos...and Jenkins. Put those diplomas framed on the wall.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Who called him a terrible person? I think some of you need to get a grip. Dunlap screwed up big time doing what he did. He came back and got his degree. That is awesome. Is no one supposed to mention that huge screw up? Almost everyone in here said good job on getting that diploma.

I swear some of you bitch about other posters just to bitch about other posters. You don't even read what's being posted. You see a name and automatically think its something bad when in reality it isn't.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
:exactly: Instead of applauding Dunlap for his efforts to get a college degree, some of the people here are still hellbent on taking out their misery on him for a loss that really could be pinned on any one of 20 guys. It's unfair, unjust and unreasonable.

You never answered my question on what I posted what was so miserable. You are still crying about misery and I asked you...what did I post that was so miserable.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No redemption for that knucklehead bunch.

Knucklehead bunch is plural for those of you who don't know....getting shiitfaced the week of the SEC championship vs. Alabama is pretty stupid to me, but what the **** do I know?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who called him a terrible person? I think some of you need to get a grip. Dunlap screwed up big time doing what he did. He came back and got his degree. That is awesome. Is no one supposed to mention that huge screw up? Almost everyone in here said good job on getting that diploma.

I swear some of you ***** about other posters just to ***** about other posters. You don't even read what's being posted. You see a name and automatically think its something bad when in reality it isn't.

:what:

Man Trex, that's the greatest exact post against other posters' posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator