Gator Baseball Replacements For Sully

macNCheeseB

Mar 1, 2016
I was very disappointed in this entire season. The downfall was driven by a lack of quality and depth of pitching. We played the entire year with only two reliable starters and three (really two) in the pen.

It didn't help that we started off the year with two pitchers being lost to season-ending surgeries. Would have helped a ton.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
It didn't help that we started off the year with two pitchers being lost to season-ending surgeries. Would have helped a ton.
Yes Pogue and Nesbitt would have helped. He still had 19 other pitchers on the roster and with few exceptions only used 6 during weekend series. Seems like a strange way to develop for the future.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Rumors are starting to circulate the players (mentally) checked out due to upcoming problems re: “personal affairs” involving Sully a and booster’s wife. Not even sure LSU will pursue him now. Man, I hope these rumors are false.

Stay tuned...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rumors are starting to circulate the players (mentally) checked out due to upcoming problems re: “personal affairs” involving Sully a and booster’s wife. Not even sure LSU will pursue him now. Man, I hope these rumors are false.

Stay tuned...

I had not even heard he divorced until recently.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I can’t believe noone knows this..Im sure some insiders do but I’m not commenting on Sullys personal life, praying for all the families involved

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I had not even heard he divorced until recently.

I remember when the Clemson job was open and he was a candidate. There was a rumor that the EX wanted to take the children back to South Carolina and it was thought that would be a reason that Sully might take the Clemson job if offered. I am not sure that happened as I see Sully's son out at the park quite often.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I remember when the Clemson job was open and he was a candidate. There was a rumor that the EX wanted to take the children back to South Carolina and it was thought that would be a reason that Sully might take the Clemson job if offered. I am not sure that happened as I see Sully's son out at the park quite often.

Its a sad ole situation. I had not seen as much of both of the kids as I used to and wondered what changed

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For what its worth ~ I have no idea

Zachary Huber

June 6, 2021 5:06 pm ET

The college baseball rumor mill picked up major steam after South Alabama eliminated Florida in a 19-1 beatdown Saturday.

Media outlets reported that LSU had serious interest in Florida head coach Kevin O’Sullivan to fill their vacancy after the Tigers coach Paul Mainieri announced his retirement after 15 seasons with the program. With the Gators’ early exit, the potential move has gone ablaze again.

This isn’t the first time O’Sullivan has been named as a top candidate for another program. In 2016, there were reports that Texas wanted to steal O’Sullivan from Gainesville. But plans for a new stadium and a contract extension that made him the highest-paid coach in college baseball kept O’Sullivan in orange and blue.

Kendall Rodgers, a writer for D1Baseball.com, outlined some of the pros and cons of each program.

The biggest negative he cited for Florida that fan support for baseball isn’t as strong as it is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Yes, the fan support at the new Florida Ballpark wasn’t great this weekend. They averaged only about 3,500 fans over the two games that can hold up to 10,000. But the weather was terrible. It was muggy and humid, and both games endured rain delays, however, this is nothing new to Rainesville. People in Gainesville also were still adjusting to lift without COVID-19 restrictions.

And yes, the Gators will lose a slew of talented players to the draft, but that isn’t new, either. O’Sullivan hasn’t had difficulty reloading his roster and having his team compete at a high level.

Finally, Florida’s 2021 baseball season was the most disappointing one in Gators athletics in a long time. But this year was different because of COVID-19. If the season wasn’t upended, the Gators seemed poised to make a run for another title at the College World Series. They went undefeated until FSU knocked them off in the final game of 2020.

Personally, Gators fans should take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers and R-E-L-A-X. O’Sullivan won’t be going anywhere this offseason.

Florida has owned the state on the recruiting trail and just opened a gorgeous new ballpark. It has all the pieces for the program to stay in the hunt for more championships.

O’Sullivan would be foolish to leave for another program, even a powerhouse like LSU, with all the resources available to him. UF has also been traditionally better than the Tigers over the last decade, including a win over LSU for its first title in 2017. It would also be difficult to leave his family behind and make his children move away from their friends in Gainesville.

Because of all these factors, I’d be surprised if O’Sullivan ditched the Gators.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For what its worth ~ I have no idea

Zachary Huber

June 6, 2021 5:06 pm ET

The college baseball rumor mill picked up major steam after South Alabama eliminated Florida in a 19-1 beatdown Saturday.

Media outlets reported that LSU had serious interest in Florida head coach Kevin O’Sullivan to fill their vacancy after the Tigers coach Paul Mainieri announced his retirement after 15 seasons with the program. With the Gators’ early exit, the potential move has gone ablaze again.

This isn’t the first time O’Sullivan has been named as a top candidate for another program. In 2016, there were reports that Texas wanted to steal O’Sullivan from Gainesville. But plans for a new stadium and a contract extension that made him the highest-paid coach in college baseball kept O’Sullivan in orange and blue.

Kendall Rodgers, a writer for D1Baseball.com, outlined some of the pros and cons of each program.

The biggest negative he cited for Florida that fan support for baseball isn’t as strong as it is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Yes, the fan support at the new Florida Ballpark wasn’t great this weekend. They averaged only about 3,500 fans over the two games that can hold up to 10,000. But the weather was terrible. It was muggy and humid, and both games endured rain delays, however, this is nothing new to Rainesville. People in Gainesville also were still adjusting to lift without COVID-19 restrictions

And yes, the Gators will lose a slew of talented players to the draft, but that isn’t new, either. O’Sullivan hasn’t had difficulty reloading his roster and having his team compete at a high level.

Finally, Florida’s 2021 baseball season was the most disappointing one in Gators athletics in a long time. But this year was different because of COVID-19. If the season wasn’t upended, the Gators seemed poised to make a run for another title at the College World Series. They went undefeated until FSU knocked them off in the final game of 2020.

Personally, Gators fans should take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers and R-E-L-A-X. O’Sullivan won’t be going anywhere this offseason.

Florida has owned the state on the recruiting trail and just opened a gorgeous new ballpark. It has all the pieces for the program to stay in the hunt for more championships.

O’Sullivan would be foolish to leave for another program, even a powerhouse like LSU, with all the resources available to him. UF has also been traditionally better than the Tigers over the last decade, including a win over LSU for its first title in 2017. It would also be difficult to leave his family behind and make his children move away from their friends in Gainesville.

Because of all these factors, I’d be surprised if O’Sullivan ditched the Gators.

100% correct than fan support for baseball at LSU (and other places) is outstanding and it sux turtle dykk in G'ville. But the excuses given as to why it sucked this weekend is 100% horseshyt. "It was muggy and humid" JFC it is ALWAYS muggy and humid in June in G'ville every fkking year. Adjusting to Covid 19 restrictions? So were other places at other parts of the year and people showed up. I go to baseball, not as often since I moved away, but still go. But I speak factually about the following at the MAC. When we played either scrotUM or the :nole::nole: it could be possibly SRO. The only other time I saw SRO was game 3 of the Supers in 2017 against the BARN. The first 2 games were NOT SRO and the #1 pick in the draft started game 1 for the BARN. Oh wait we did host UNC in the regionals one year and it was SRO but that was b/c the starter for UNC was from G'ville lefty Andrew somebody. And a few years ago A&M came to the MAC ranked #1 and we were ranked #2 and none of those 3 games had no more that 4000 people. Decent crowds yes, good for a series like that, absolutely not. Our transient fan base is not just for football and basketball, it is very obvious at baseball and always has been. Those excuses they are making about the weather, etc. is complete garbage. It is fkking hot and humid in May and June is Loseiana and Missippi, yet for some reason in those months when Ole Piss, Cowbell and Coon Azz play baseball at home it is SRO or close. UF baseball would not be SRO if their home stadium was at Westside Park on 34th street.

Last edited:

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
LSU is SRO every game. Completely insane environment for Baseball

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Turns out wokeness doesn't like baseball. Bummer. I checked out some ticket prices and unless I was in the wrong place that shyt was ridiculous.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Turns out wokeness doesn't like baseball. Bummer. I checked out some ticket prices and unless I was in the wrong place that shyt was ridiculous.
And aggrating to attempt to purchase single game tickets.

On Tuesday website says no tickets available.

Yet, there are scads of empty seats when they show the stands during the televised games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator