Replacing Grantham

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Look again. It was Taylor who had him in man and took the same guy Wilson took instead.

Im not real sure what 51 was doing either but 31 clearly was staring at that same receiver the whole play until he bailed.

My best guess is high low knowing that 51 cant cover downfield or perhaps 51 should have taken the #3 guy on that side once the #2 receiver on that aide went in motion.

Okay watched the replay and not laying blame anywhere b/c can't be sure the call but here was the play UGA lined up in a 2x2 intially which put CJ on the wide man and Davis on the slot on that side. CJ's original cover went in motion to the other side causing CJ to now have Davis's original cover and freeing up Davis (I believe). So just before the snap UGA is now in a 3x1, which would mean the CB, nickel and that side safety are responsible for those 3. The way the LB ran to the flaring RB tells me that we were in man free and at the snap Davis had no man to man responsibility so he was probably suppose to be the free safety last line of D. At the snap, the motion man and Cager were at basically the same spot so my guess is the F up was between the nickel and safety on that side. B/C both receivers were in the same spot they did not talk to sort out who had who. So my guess is it was not Davis man However he probably should have bailed when the motion man went to the other side and never jumped to the flaring RB. But again I am just making an educated guess.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Okay watched the replay and not laying blame anywhere b/c can't be sure the call but here was the play UGA lined up in a 2x2 intially which put CJ on the wide man and Davis on the slot on that side. CJ's original cover went in motion to the other side causing CJ to now have Davis's original cover and freeing up Davis (I believe).
pretty sure the slot went in motion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I saw that. So if we were in man there would be no pass off and it would be that CB's responsibilty. Perhaps we were in man under with 2 deep safetys? Maybe we were in zone and Davis saw no one immediately in his area so he got nosy into the flat and then said oh Shyt. I am not sure. I did not lay blame anywhere per se but I do know it was a complete fkkup and I am sick of complete fkkups every single game.
Please, turn it off.

No, the inside receiver isnt the CBs responsibility.

We were in 2 deep and Taylor sprinted full to the flat to cover the same dude at Marco? We werent in two deep.

Reese saw Taylors fvkk up and immediately tried to get his attention.

What if what if. It was obviously man. if you can't even see that we really don't need to be talking about it more.

If it were man 1, Davis would have grabbed depth and moved to the center of the field, instead of staring down and following his receiver (the back out of the backfield at that point once the receiver went in motion).

Youre grasping at straws. I have no idea why.

Edit: now I see your second post, which I mostly agree with except the man free part.

There was definitely miscommunication in the backfield. We essentially had #31 and #51 both on the back on the right side (defense's right side) and #29 and #3 covering the same outside receiver, no one on the motion man.

Last edited:

RaptureVeteran

Banned
BANNED
Jan 26, 2019
I'm laughing at this conversation of who is Florida's next defensive coordinator when no one seems to understand that in order for that to happen Dan has to look down and realize that he has a pair of balls to fire his totes besty for life. If I had a job I'd bet good money on Mullen never firing Grantham, Dan is a coward. Our best bet is someone like the Bengals hiring Grantham away from us and for the love of god hoping Grantham actually takes the job. But with how bad Florida's defense has looked for three games now I dont know who the **** would hire Todd and again, Dan isn't doing ****.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Idk who’s going to replace grantham but I bet Ratliff replaces English

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm laughing at this conversation of who is Florida's next defensive coordinator when no one seems to understand that in order for that to happen Dan has to look down and realize that he has a pair of balls to fire his totes besty for life. If I had a job I'd bet good money on Mullen never firing Grantham, Dan is a coward. Our best bet is someone like the Bengals hiring Grantham away from us and for the love of god hoping Grantham actually takes the job. But with how bad Florida's defense has looked for three games now I dont know who the **** would hire Todd and again, Dan isn't doing ****.
Firing isn’t 100% the coaches decision. There’s buyouts involved. UAA is part of the convo. If it was truly supportive, he’d have no issues. What from those cheap skates past makes you think they’re ok with buyouts? I’m betting hiring him away is our best bet as there’s no buyout involved.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So the suggestions so far are:

Mason
Quinn
Strong
DRob

I'll throw another name out there as a wild card. Nick Howell at UVA.
Yeah, Howell is gonna be on somebody's hot list real quick. What he has done at Uva with a mediocre talent level is pretty impressive. I like Charlie because of recruiting and same for Mason but Howell is gone after this year I am guessing.....somewhere. And we need to get moving because I'm sure some of those names will be mentioned for the VT job.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the beauty of Knox as RB coach... for the second year in a row the #1 RB in state of Florida is not coming to UF. Last year he went to Bama. This year he is committed to Clemson. And Emmitt's son probably won't come here either... Love Knox, give him a huge raise....

Grantham should be shown the door post haste along with most of his defensive staff...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Just saw this
Something tells me Zac Brown just got added to @ufgator812 ’s list. Mine too. Fk both of those douchers.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Here is the beauty of Knox as RB coach... for the second year in a row the #1 RB in state of Florida is not coming to UF. Last year he went to Bama. This year he is committed to Clemson. And Emmitt's son probably won't come here either... Love Knox, give him a huge raise....

Grantham should be shown the door post haste along with most of his defensive staff...
You can’t mix sarcasm with real comments. Gets too confusing. Unless you’re being completely sarcastic. Then I need to change it to a ban - there can be no support for the dawg DC.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t mix sarcasm with real comments. Gets too confusing. Unless you’re being completely sarcastic. Then I need to change it to a ban - there can be no support for the dawg DC.
My comment on loving Knox is complete sarcasm... He is a very good position coach but he can't recruit and if UF is going to continue losing the # 1 RB in the state yearly, he needs to be someplace else... I was never a fan of hiring Third and Grantan as DC. Dan brought in a Miss State staff, not a UF staff...

Sadly, I do not see Dan making any coaching changes this off season.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My comment on loving Knox is complete sarcasm... He is a very good position coach but he can't recruit and if UF is going to continue losing the # 1 RB in the state yearly, he needs to be someplace else... I was never a fan of hiring Third and Grantan as DC. Dan brought in a Miss State staff, not a UF staff...

Sadly, I do not see Dan making any coaching changes this off season.
What proof is there that Knox is a good coach? Per @ltraz and I believe him, RB is an easy position to coach. A “good” coach is an elite recruiter and decent coach, not the other way around. He’s our ST coach too so I’d argue he’s not good at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.