Replacing Grantham

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly right. It's not Grantham's fault that Dean, in spite of being a good football player, is having a terrible year and gets beat regularly, plus misses tackles and takes bad angles in the open field.
it's his fault he's been playing out of position the last 2 years.

It's not Grnatham's fault that our linebackers are slow, can't cover and miss tackles.
it is grantham's fault we haven't signed a single inside linebacker in 2 years.

It's not Grantham's fault that Miller & Davis allowed a GA receiver to run wide open for a 50 yard TD.
It was Jawaan Taylor who took the wrong man, the same outside receiver Marco covered, like he expected Marco to blitz, leaving his man, and left that slot on the left side uncovered. (You can see Reese flapping trying to get his attention).

I mean I get your point that we don't have enough talent to win but who the hell is responsible for the talent yet? The talent gap that is getting worse without you straight mid-teens classes?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's his fault he's been playing out of position the last 2 years.

it is grantham's fault we haven't signed a single inside linebacker in 2 years.

It was Jawaan Taylor who took the wrong man, the same outside receiver Marco covered, like he expected Marco to blitz, leaving his man, and left that slot on the left side uncovered. (You can see Reese flapping trying to get his attention).

I mean I get your point that we don't have enough talent to win but who the hell is responsible for the talent yet? The talent gap that is getting worse without you straight mid-teens classes?

I don’t get how Mullen hasn’t brought in a DB that can replace butterific recruits J. Taylor and D. Stiner.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
jaewon might have messed up the play also, but you think cager was his responsibility? What was Davis doing?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
jaewon might have messed up the play also, but you think cager was his responsibility? What was Davis doing?
Davis had the #2 receiver on the right, possibly doubled high low with 51. (Confusing for 51 to be outthere on the slot also instead of the #3 Y/RB). I receiver agree Davis should have broken off and should have seen Taylor's fkkk up.

Watch the play again. If you see how Taylor sprints into the flat that looks like the way we play the cornerback blitz. I wonder if we didn't have a blitz on, Grantham didn't like the spacing because the receiver was too wide (forcing Macro out) and Taylor didn't hear the audible.

Or perhaps he just miscounted with those two receivers on that side bunched.

WHATEVER the mistake, we were clearly in man and I guaranfvkkingtee the call wasnt for Taylor and Marco to take the outside reciever and no one to take Cager.

We were also showing zone, playing man, a huge lift for a 12 yards safety anyway. Being cutesy.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Imitating a chicken running around a barnyard immediately after the chicken's head has been cut off. And if you have never actually seen that, just watch Davis again. It is a dead on carbon copy.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Long time - First time: 1990 UF grad. Gator since birth. Live in the North ATL suburbs so get a lot of UGAly intel from a variety sources.

I firmly believe that with the exception of recruiting, our coaching staff is superior to the staff in Athens, top to bottom.

BUT, if we don’t start recruiting talent akin to what Kirby gets to come to Athens, we will stay stuck in this rut. We were not out coached, we were best by better talent and depth, especially in the trenches.

We have got to get more 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the line of scrimmage and especially along the O and D line. Our next man up philosophy won’t cut it because next man up ain’t got the talent.

Yes clearly, there is a disparity in talent, but if you think we didn't get out coached yesterday, then you must be partaking of something strong, possible hallucinogenic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes clearly, there is a disparity in talent, but if you think we didn't get out coached yesterday, then you must be partaking of something strong, possible hallucinogenic.
It is the mantra.

Dan the Man gonna coach up the three stars to win championships.

It doesnt matter if his resume is exactly the opposite.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else curious how ****ing Bama heals Tua's high ankle sprain in 2 weeks with a magical (apparently only available to Bama players) surgery yet our 2 biggest defensive weapons are limping around for an entire month with no healing in sight?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dan Quinn runs the worst defense in pro football. No thanks , Choosing between Quinn and Fat Todd is like taking a choice between chugging vinegar or urine .

I think what you’re seeing with Quinn is what you often see when someone may mot be cut out to be a head coach. They’re so focused elsewhere that their own unit, which should be great in theory, ends up being bad. I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate, but he’d be a huge upgrade.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Davis had the #2 receiver on the right, possibly doubled high low with 51. (Confusing for 51 to be outthere on the slot also instead of the #3 receiver/back rb). I agree Davis should have broken off and should have seen Taylor's fkkk up.

Watch the play again. If you see how Taylor sprints into the flat that looks like the way we play the cornerback blitz. I wonder if we didn't have a blitz on, Grantham didn't like the spacing because the receiver was too wide (forcing Macro out) and Taylor didn't hear the audible.

We were also showing zone, playing man, a huge lift for a safety anyway. Being cutesy.
When you say the #2 receiver on the right, you talking about the TE who stayed in to block? Or the receiver who went in motion? Looked like miller was on the RB. There was no receiver wide to the right forcing marco out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think what you’re seeing with Quinn is what you often see when someone may mot be cut out to be a head coach. They’re so focused elsewhere that their own unit, which should be great in theory, ends up being bad. I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate, but he’d be a huge upgrade.
Gatrbait25 is clearly a Falcons fan. He gets what he deserves.

He isnt a candidate. he was looking for an NFL job the day he signed our last contract.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don’t get how Mullen hasn’t brought in a DB that can replace butterific recruits J. Taylor and D. Stiner.
English. Hell the kid Britt we just landed at safety gave props to the quarterback coach for landing him. Not even his position coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It’s hard to look at a game like yesterday’s without thinking that much of the questionable coaching stems from being hemmed in by a lack of talent. We can’t move the ball because we can’t run. We can’t run because we can’t block. We can’t stop the run because we’re dominated on the LOS and have linebackers consistently out of position. Quick-drop passers negate the blitz.

I don’t know that you can squeeze anymore out of this roster than Mullen has. We’ve won games we had no business winning. We’re consistently taken to task by teams at the LOS and with superior talent. We’re backed into a corner and only better recruiting can get us out.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I hear you. That was ages ago bro . DQ did a fine
job for us, but has been terrible for multiple seasons now . He fired his DC and now has the worst D in the league . Hard pass on DQ. In the end none of this matters . Dan isn’t firing fat Todd.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m trying to understand how USCe and Chump has more talent and better coaching than we do.

They don’t. They won that game because Georgia turned over the ball four times and they didn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.