Report: DA declines to prosecute Alabama players Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let me get this straight. Jones states to the cops, "Look, I have a gun in my lap" and the prosecutor says he can't prove who was in possession of the gun???

Good God. :facepalm:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They were talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning, so it is definitely getting more publicity. Mike and Mike both said they know nothing of the details of the case, but the statement by the DA is ridiculous and they want to get him on to try to explain why he would say such a thing...

It will be interesting to see if this continues to get more publicity. The more it gets the better chance the guy is fired and Saban has to at least take some type of disciplinary action.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is on the front page of Yahoo and a number of different sites...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The DA's moronic statement on "air conditioning" is what threw gasoline on the fire. He's a total idiot that has made the backlash 100 fold what it would have been. He deserves the beating he is taking.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being an athlete sure pays off...first you get a light sentence for rape, now this!

If the standford swimmer didn't get such a absurdly light sentence, would this even have made the national news to this level?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama already handled this in house....

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...punishment-for-cam-robinson-and-hootie-jones/

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones may be off the hook with the law, but not with Alabama coach Nick Saban. On Wednesday morning, details emerged of the two’s internal punishment following their mid-May arrests on drug and weapons possession.

Per documents published by television station KNOE in Louisiana, the two players were indefinitely suspended on May 19 — two days following their arrests. In addition, both players have had to undergo weekly drug tests and visit drug counselors.

RELATED: Angry LSU fan penned a letter to La. DA

Robinson did 26 hours of police ride alongs later that month, Jones spent three weeks in drug rehabilitation at Bradford Health Services in Alabama, and both have been told to take gun safety classes.

Earlier this week, the DA dropped charges on both players, stating, “I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning.”

Robinson is widely considered as one of the nation’s best left tackles and should be a high first-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, assuming he declares following his junior season. Jones, a defensive back, has been a key performer on special teams for the Crimson Tide.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I get the dope. Even the Feds don't enforce the dope laws. But how can the stolen pistol be ignored with gun deaths so prevalent ?

Because we don't want to ruin lives of kids who sweat while we all sit in AC...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I get the dope. Even the Feds don't enforce the dope laws. But how can the stolen pistol be ignored with gun deaths so prevalent ?

13432312_10206933720406805_8443242439357271715_n.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Wow. Just taking a quick glance at that list, it's a bit curious that the legal community and media doesn't focus a bit more on planned parenthood, the tobacco companies (again) and McDonalds...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... and to continue the logic: murder by gun saves you from all those other death events.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Part of me wishes these guys go on to commit a violent crime in the near future...if the victim could be the DA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.