Review of the 2014 season

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I know everyone is happily looking ahead, but the season is not over until the bowl game. We can't quit caring about this year's team and just focus on next year.
​I just wanted to gauge everyone's views on the past season, bot positive and negative. Did our performance meet, exceed, or fall short of expectations? Here is a brief summary of how I felt after each game. Feel free to include your own summaries. I also added our team rankings at the bottom.

Idaho - the black cloud of last year is still following us
EMU - our offense kicked ass! Maybe we've turned around, let's see how we do against SEC
UK - sucked in first half, picked up offensive intensity in 2nd half, won a close game, maybe UK is good team
Bama - same old Muschamp offense, surprised at how our defense sucked
Tenn - same old Muschamp offense, miracle we won, Treon didn't fold under pressure
LSU - many highs and lows on offense and defense, bad ending, we should've won but not shocked we lost
Mizzou - unofficial end to Muschamp, pathetic on offense/defense, enduring memory is Foley covering his face
UGA - how the hell did we win, great job running, still need a passing game, great defense
Vandy - did what we needed to do on offense and defense, Treon can throw the ball
USC - same old offense Muschamp, surprising special teams breakdown, legit excitement about Muschamp's firing
EKU - happy the team didn't quit, Driskel gets nice final memory at the Swamp
FSU - same old Muschamp offense, strong start but weak finish, happy the game was competitive

OFFENSE
Yards/game: 94th
Passing/game: 107th
Rushing/game: 43rd
Points/game: 56th

DEFENSE
Yards/game: 9th
Passing/game: 23rd
Rushing/game: 12th
Points/game: 24th

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I blacked out for the last 4 seasons. I'd rather stay in the dark and just look to the future with Mac

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same as every year under Muschamp. Decent defense, terrible offense. Time to move on. Yes, I know we have one more game left. Do you expect much difference? I would if Big Mac was going to be coaching on the sideline, but with him eating popcorn or tailgating, I don't expect anything new.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I believe I predicted 7-5, so this season went about as expected. Got my hopes up a bit (like a dumbass) after the first game but soon came back to earth and just accepted we had to ride it out for another full year. I think the kids will play their asses off for the remaining coaching staff and each other in the bowl game. Nowhere to go but up from here, so I'm officially a pumper again. :brad:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least we didn't lose to GaS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.