Review of the 2014 season

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
I know everyone is happily looking ahead, but the season is not over until the bowl game. We can't quit caring about this year's team and just focus on next year.
​I just wanted to gauge everyone's views on the past season, bot positive and negative. Did our performance meet, exceed, or fall short of expectations? Here is a brief summary of how I felt after each game. Feel free to include your own summaries. I also added our team rankings at the bottom.

Idaho - the black cloud of last year is still following us
EMU - our offense kicked ass! Maybe we've turned around, let's see how we do against SEC
UK - sucked in first half, picked up offensive intensity in 2nd half, won a close game, maybe UK is good team
Bama - same old Muschamp offense, surprised at how our defense sucked
Tenn - same old Muschamp offense, miracle we won, Treon didn't fold under pressure
LSU - many highs and lows on offense and defense, bad ending, we should've won but not shocked we lost
Mizzou - unofficial end to Muschamp, pathetic on offense/defense, enduring memory is Foley covering his face
UGA - how the hell did we win, great job running, still need a passing game, great defense
Vandy - did what we needed to do on offense and defense, Treon can throw the ball
USC - same old offense Muschamp, surprising special teams breakdown, legit excitement about Muschamp's firing
EKU - happy the team didn't quit, Driskel gets nice final memory at the Swamp
FSU - same old Muschamp offense, strong start but weak finish, happy the game was competitive

OFFENSE
Yards/game: 94th
Passing/game: 107th
Rushing/game: 43rd
Points/game: 56th

DEFENSE
Yards/game: 9th
Passing/game: 23rd
Rushing/game: 12th
Points/game: 24th

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
Same as every year under Muschamp. Decent defense, terrible offense. Time to move on. Yes, I know we have one more game left. Do you expect much difference? I would if Big Mac was going to be coaching on the sideline, but with him eating popcorn or tailgating, I don't expect anything new.

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
I believe I predicted 7-5, so this season went about as expected. Got my hopes up a bit (like a dumbass) after the first game but soon came back to earth and just accepted we had to ride it out for another full year. I think the kids will play their asses off for the remaining coaching staff and each other in the bowl game. Nowhere to go but up from here, so I'm officially a pumper again. :brad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.