Richt FIRED, Kirby Smart to be next UGA coach- College Football New Coaches Thread

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As long as they don't hire Chip Kelly, I'll be happy. They are going to have Fulmeresque hangover with any other coach they hire.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I do not believe this was a 'hoax', and will quote a few LSU posters, where this debate rages...

Miles didn't know he would be kept until AFTER THE TEXAS A&M GAME (i.e., LAST NIGHT.)

If "none of this happened," what exactly prevented Alleva from stating, publicly, that Miles was our coach and would be back next year? What, exactly?

You say the media created the doubt, well, that's a fact of life. It's ALLEVA'S JOB as the athletic director of LSU to do what is in the best interest of LSU. It's NOT in LSU's best interest to have public speculation about the coach's future, particularly w/ NSD a few months away.

SO, again, I ask, WHY didn't Alleva make a public statement LAST WEEK?

You have a situation where rumors are running rampant. Your brand is getting drug through the mud in the national media. You are allowing the creation of fodder for other coaches to use against Miles in recruiting.

You have no intention of firing Miles. You didn't have discussions w/ Jimbo Fisher/his agent. But you don't come forward and dispel all the rumors, that are damaging your program, because "you have a policy not to discuss coaches during the season."

If THAT'S true, then Alleva is stupider than I thought.

Let's assume your story is right. Even if it is there is no way this was handled correctly. If it's just internet chatter and radio talk shows that's one thing. But when gets into print and reaches the point of what it did as the leader of the athletic department you must speak up. No man he let Les twist in the wind. Believe what you want but one thing is true. Joe Alleva is on borrowed time.

is policy lost us recruits. All he had to do was give a 1 sentence statement.
" les miles is and will be lsu's coach moving forward".
You're crazy if you think boosters and Alleva weren't trying to make moves.

You Sir are full of ****e.

I'm not saying it's all on Joe, b/c fact of the matter is, I don't know. I just know, there were a ton of rumors out there ... if they weren't true, then all Alleva had to do was issue a statement dispelling the rumors.

The best I can say for Alleva is that he was caught in the middle of a bad situation. He has the misfortune of working for a-holes. Maybe he's being made the scapegoat. I can buy that, but I can't buy what you're spinning. It doesn't hold water.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. They obviously want Kirby bad since Cocks were closing in on him.

Richt to USCe? Wouldn't that be some ****.

I can see Richt at Miami before USCe, though it wouldn't be a bad choice for him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question is, will Kirby be allowed to interview prior to the end of Bama's run? If not, no one will want to wait on him. I see Bama going to the Championship game, so even if he interviews and is hired, will he leave Bama early? If not, he's got just 3 weeks to get recruiting done.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the chance he's been waiting for. My guess is Nick gives him that permission.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying he didn't deserve it, but with all the talent they get, he's been a mediocre coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Say what?@DanWolken: Very interested to see what happens with Pruitt who was huge in UGA's recruiting success. Could see him as Florida's DC if Collins gets UCF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Say what?@DanWolken: Very interested to see what happens with Pruitt who was huge in UGA's recruiting success. Could see him as Florida's DC if Collins gets UCF
I'm turning it off if this happens.

I guess it makes sense to replace one fvkking dumass with another.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
shooot, hope that herman rumor is false, that would be bad.
It would be nice. They don't have the players to run spread option. They'd be screwed up for years even trying to make the switch.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon is an easy promotion to DC if Collins leaves. He was a good DC, just a bad HC.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If goes to ucf and takes Callahan with him as dc, i wouldn't have a problem with Pruitt as the db coach and Shannon as the dc and rumph promoted to co dc just to keep him happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.