I was going to say he can't dance for $hit.:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How much money has Graham Mertz’ absolutely awful throw earned this kid? :lol:

Congrats to RP. Great example of hard work and mastering your craft. Solid kid too from my brief interaction at last year’s spring game. Really happy to see him land in round 1.
there's something to be said about throwing a pass that your receiver can catch, even with difficulty, but no one else can.

and at least it's downfield. even if you throw an interception there's not much likelihood of a pick 6. it's essentially a shanked punt.

nothing's more dangerous than a two yard button route pass or a screen. pick six city. high risk low reward.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Has UF ever had a transfer that went in the first round? I'm probably stupidly forgetting someone obvious.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Has UF ever had a transfer that went in the first round? I'm probably stupidly forgetting someone obvious.
edit x3 - nope, i just looked at the last few years. doesnt appear weve ever had a transfter 1st rounder. thought that ocyrus guy may have been but he was 2nd round. and i dont see that mullen transfer reciever either.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How much money has Graham Mertz’ absolutely awful throw earned this kid? :lol:

Congrats to RP. Great example of hard work and mastering your craft. Solid kid too from my brief interaction at last year’s spring game. Really happy to see him land in round 1.
Hmmm :scratchchin: Word on the street is that Mertz gave Ricky his due credit…

The Big Bang Theory Good Job GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I had no idea Trace Armstrong was a transfer.

It's also odd that Arizona Freaking State had two transfers (Daniels and Pearsall) go in the first round.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
49ers are struggling with what to do with Brandon Aiyuk. He’s due to get his pay out but there seems to be some behind the scenes stuff going on that’s not jiving with the two camps.

With Purdy, McCaffrey and Debo, Ricky is a fantastic addition.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just read this:

According to San Francisco Chronicle’s Michael Silver, the 49ers are now more likely to trade Deebo Samuel than they are Brandon Aiyuk.

The 49ers were allegedly on the phone with a few teams before their first-round pick but were unable to complete a deal. Instead, the team took Florida wide receiver Ricky Pearsall with the 31st overall pick and appear to still be working the phones to find a taker for one of their veteran wide receivers. According to Silver, it seems more likely they will now be flipping Deebo than Aiyuk. Of course, this is all speculation at this point, and we have almost 20 hours to go until the draft kicks up for Day Two and we get some answers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And this on Ricky:

49ers selected Florida WR Ricky Pearsall with the No. 31 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Pearsall (6’1/189) began his career at Arizona State but didn’t see the field much until his third and final season as a Sun Devil. He went for 580 yards and four scores that year. He then transferred to Florida ahead of the 2022 season. Pearsall’s target share dipped in his first season in Gainesville, but he more than made up for that with absurd gains in his efficiency numbers. He averaged 2.41 yards per route run in 2022 and held steady at 2.23 in the following season. Pearsall peaked at 65 catches for 963 yards in his second and final season at Florida. A sudden player off the line of scrimmage, Pearsall does most of his damage before the catch point. He doesn’t bring much to the table after the catch but gets open quickly with crisp routes and neat footwork. Pearsall will be a plug-and-play slot receiver for San Francisco as a rookie. His addition will also fuel the flames of a potential Brandon Aiyuk or Deebo Samuel trade. Both players have reportedly come up in talks, though the fact that neither was moved on the first night of the draft suggests they will both be on the roster for the 2024 season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reggie f’n Nelson, 2007, 21st
Reggie was all Gator though. He was Gator enough to commit to The Zookie. He just couldnt work the crayons well enough to get into UF under the rules as they were then. Great Gator but not the brightest.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
49ers are struggling with what to do with Brandon Aiyuk. He’s due to get his pay out but there seems to be some behind the scenes stuff going on that’s not jiving with the two camps.

With Purdy, McCaffrey and Debo, Ricky is a fantastic addition.
Aiyuk:

Will Ferrell Goodbye GIF by filmeditor

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator