Ricky Pearsall shocks by sliding into the first round to SF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pearsall (6’1/189) began his career at Arizona State but didn’t see the field much until his third and final season as a Sun Devil.
You damn well know that Arizona State did not have better receivers than Ricky on the roster. They just were not going to play the younger player. There's a reason coaches like that get fired.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He just couldnt work the crayons well enough to get into UF under the rules as they were then. Great Gator but not the brightest.
Thank God for the standard "counting fruit in a basket" classes most CFB players take part in...I can't imagine watching Ivy League quality football in the fall....

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
how the hell did OSU not win a NC with all the talent they had around him.
Ohio State Day GIF by Ohio State Athletics

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! That's an honest reaction on Strouds part.
After watching Stroud play 1 season in the NFL, how the hell did OSU not win a NC with all the talent they had around him.
Stroud when to a better environment and team. I think stroud is a better pro talent than Young. But also Stroud went into a situation that was a 1000x better than what Carolina is doing. Carolina might be the worst run franchise in the league right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow! That's an honest reaction on Strouds part.
After watching Stroud play 1 season in the NFL, how the hell did OSU not win a NC with all the talent they had around him.

They would have if Harrison had not gotten hurt and knocked out out of the game against uga. They had no answer for MHJr which is why OhSt was up. That injury gave the bulldogs a second title.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
They would have if Harrison had not gotten hurt and knocked out out of the game against uga. They had no answer for MHJr which is why OhSt was up. That injury gave the bulldogs a second title.
Yeah, yeah, and OSU would have beaten us in 06' if not for Ginn getting hurt after housing the opening kick-off.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, yeah, and OSU would have beaten us in 06' if not for Ginn getting hurt after housing the opening kick-off.

They were up 11(14 after the short FG), with :40 to go in the 3rd. He had 5 catches, 106 yards and 2TDs. They also had scored 38 with him in the game and managed only 3 more the last quarter with him out. Not quite the same as a fluke opening play with an egregious hold.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They were up 11(14 after the short FG), with :40 to go in the 3rd. He had 5 catches, 106 yards and 2TDs. They also had scored 38 with him in the game and managed only 3 more the last quarter with him out. Not quite the same as a fluke opening play with an egregious hold.
He’s probably the best college WR I’ve ever seen. He has no weaknesses and is only surpassed with top end speed by anyone else at the college level.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hell, if tOSU’s kicker hadn’t shanked his attempt at the end, they still would’ve beat the dwags.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hell, if tOSU’s kicker hadn’t shanked his attempt at the end, they still would’ve beat the dwags.

I’ve seen some bad kicks in my day. I’ve never seen cheerleaders actually duck along the sidelines to avoid being hit. Absolutely terrible kick.

I don’t know his name but I have to imagine if he made the NFL he’s on the Bills.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So FSU and UF had the exact same number of first round picks. One.

Hmmn.

Tell me again why half the FSU team opted out of the Orange Bowl and watched their teammates get prison shower gang raped by UGA 63-3 on primetime national television?

'Cause it sure as fcuk wasn't to protect their first round draft grades.

Alex.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Trace Armstrong was a gift from the gods. Came to Gators under very unusual circumstances, IIRC there was some quirk in his academic records that rendered him ineligible for his senior year at Arizona State ... not his fault AFAIK ... which the NCAA said could only be remedied if he transfered somewhere else. And they allowed him immediate eligibility. Transfers were rare back in those days, this one had a big dose of weird.

And he was a tremendous player for the Gators.

Did well afterwards too.

My understanding is that he and his family live in Gainesville.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So FSU and UF had the exact same number of first round picks. One.

Hmmn.

Tell me again why half the FSU team opted out of the Orange Bowl and watched their teammates get prison shower gang raped by UGA 63-3 on primetime national television?

'Cause it sure as fcuk wasn't to protect their first round draft grades.

Alex.
Bc the whole team was a bunch of soft pvssies there for the check and a cupcake schedule. All of em bolted at the first sight of real competition. So as a matter of fact, they were protecting their draft stock. Didn't want to be embarrassed on national Tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator