ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n264107 said:
Lol, i guess I do. My bad guys

It does seem like a long time since we were an offensive juggernaut.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I woulda took the guy if he wanted to come, but I'm not losing sleep over losing a kid that is running across the country away from competition. I think the coaching staff probably looked at it much the same.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
t-gator;n264105 said:
That kid's4 years away from being able to contribute. What if grier and Harris never catch on, we're sitting here another 3 or 4 years waiting on good qb play. The risk was definitely worth the reward. But it's irrelevant anyhow and we don't know for sure this staff didn't want him.

:suicide:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Soooo-eeee! Riiiickeeee!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n264085 said:
As much as it sucks to say, they're Ohio State right now, and we're UF. In Feb, 80% of their recruits signed for the opportunity to play for Meyer and a championship contender. 80% of our kids signed because of playing time and the ability to make an immediate impact. Take that away, and we're simply not a prime destination at the moment. It's just reality. No different than kids lining up to wait on the bench at Alabama every year. We don't have that right now.

But you're still not grasping risk v reward. How do you know that this kid--from California--doesn't like Gainesville after a year or so and decides to bail again. If he were a slam dunk option, or if he'd signed here initially, then great. But taking on a kid that is considered a head case, who has been trending down since his Jr year, who can't help us immediately, and who might affect our standing with a kid that is the polar opposite of those things and looks to be a key contributor to our future classes, isn't worth it. It's really simple.

Good points about where our program is at and the motivation of some players here. I hope that eventually we will have a great group of Gators as our players.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Brantley and Driskel don't convince you that we need to take a 5 star or solid 4 star in every single damn signing class, nothing will. Many don't pan out for a plethora of reasons. Few QBs should start before their Jr. year.

We have no clue what we currently have and are a high ankle and shoulder bruise from disaster. And yes I realize Town would not have helped that this year. Josh is our emergency guy and that is pathetic.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n264049 said:
I hope that's the case because this staff really wiffed on getting a qb in the last cycle and pretty much every top qb in this class is committed elsewhere. I think muschamp proved you can't sign a decent qb every 3 years. That's what this staff is in jeopardy of doing and it could be disastrous.

That's a good point... The minute they came in they should have had 3 five stars ready to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.