Rio Olympics

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After watching the Olympics I've got a theory. I've noticed that the percentage of attractiveness (facial and otherwise) of the athletes is definitely a much higher percentage than what is seen in the general population. Studies have shown that one of the key factors that makes people attractive to others is symmetry. Meaning that the right half of the body is almost identical to the left. If that's the case, it would make sense that such symmetry would help in balance, stride, strength, endurance (both sides tire equally, lowering strain) etc.. In addition, symmetry also helps in competitions in which you are judged by what is seen.

Anyone want to write a paper and give me an aknowledgement?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That Extenze Bob's commercial diving in the swimming pool ? If Extenze really worked, how come his trunk kept coming off ?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Christian Taylor and Will Clay take gold and silver in the triple jump. Way to represent UF AKA Jump U! And then Claye proposed to his girlfriend who was watching in the audience.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching the Olympics I've got a theory. I've noticed that the percentage of attractiveness (facial and otherwise) of the athletes is definitely a much higher percentage than what is seen in the general population. Studies have shown that one of the key factors that makes people attractive to others is symmetry. Meaning that the right half of the body is almost identical to the left. If that's the case, it would make sense that such symmetry would help in balance, stride, strength, endurance (both sides tire equally, lowering strain) etc.. In addition, symmetry also helps in competitions in which you are judged by what is seen.

False.

la-sp-sn-katie-ledecky-world-swimming-championships-20150808

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

True
andressa-cavalcanti-and-paula-hoffman-of-brazil-shake-hands-during-picture-id181752079

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Tig bitties do not usual make a good athlete. Just saying'
And the chinese have symmetrical faces but... well you know where I'm going with that.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like ''the cowards'' are playing for the gold after knocking off Brazil.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Rack up another gold for UF. This time it was Kerron Clement finally getting his gold medal in the 400m hurdles.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Its pretty bad when Japan is beating our 4x100m relay team in the Olympics and they even got disqualified out of the Bronze medal also.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I made an observation years ago at the dog track. Watching dogs race is pretty boring. However if you place a $2 bet it becomes the most exciting thing in the world. The summer Olympics are like that. Without the cold war competition from the Russians it is boring as, well as boring as Track & Field. Thank god for volleyball. I'm not a big fan of exhibition athletics in general but at least in the winter Olympics there are the elements of speed and danger.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
images

#5 is freaking 6'4" - did not realize that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.