RIP Bobby Bowden

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
RIP Coach B.

He did provide some pretty comical moments especially in interviews. He was also reportedly the hand-picked replacement for Bear Bryant by the Bear himself but the BOT would have none of it. I'm actually pretty happy that the BOT didn't bring him to Tuscaloosa...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve always found it necessary to compartmentalize my thoughts when it came to Bowden and Florida State. FSU was our arch enemy and it often stood in the way of us flaunting our power in the state and esp in recruiting battles. I came to loathe its successes but I always found it hard to dislike the man. He was too damn likable.

What Bowden did was make college football a whole lot more interesting and esp for Floridians. The ‘90s rivalry with Florida was must-see TV for the entire nation. Bowden was the perfect smiling, joking foil to Spurrier’s dagger digs. Free Shoes University. Those were great times if you loved the game. The intensity was off the charts.

He’s gone now and what I’m mainly left with is the memory of his arrival in Tallahassee a year after mine in Gainesville. He changed things up in a big way. And so I can relate closely, maybe just due to the realization of the loss of time. Life can be weird that way. RIP.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
2f6de4b0-4bda-43e6-8c0f-bcd46e49afa9_text.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FLASH POLL!

Has anyone you know lived longer than 21 days after joining Hospice?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
His "aw shucks" attitude while knowingly and willingly teaching dirty football will always be a stain on the game. To his credit, he knew how to get the media on his side so they never called him out.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
His "aw shucks" attitude while knowingly and willingly teaching dirty football will always be a stain on the game. To his credit, he knew how to get the media on his side so they never called him out.

00a0a_i1CyUjHsYqIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

RIP Coach Bowden. You certainly made the UF/FSU rivalry special!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator