RIP Mike Leach - dead at 61

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Nice. How’d the initiation go? I’ve heard they beat you up pretty good. But I bet l that sweet jacket makes it all worthwhile though.

Something like this

BriefParchedDodobird-max-1mb.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No, I’m not missing any point. A lot of elite offensive HC don’t hire elite DCs. Look at BN. Toney certainly isn’t elite, but then again BN isn’t an elite offensive HC.

And to your point about him winning his conference, apples and oranges. He was in the Sun Belt for heavens sake. ML has been in P5 conferences for a long time.

Again, agree to disagree. We aren’t changing each other’s minds.

It’s apples to apples when you consider the talent levels of each. He was playing with Sun Belt players against Sun Belt teams.

And I can assure you that if after 2-3 years of not winning anything, if it’s largely because of his defenses, Toney is gone. All the infrastructure and facilities changes would’ve never come under a guy like Leach. Because he’s good enough to win most of his games with what he has. That’s what a really really good coach does. The problem is we have that with Dan Mullen. Leach’s 2008 is no different than Mullen’s 2014. One outlier great season that still won nothing surrounded by a bunch 8-5 seasons. You’re clearly hammered. I’m sorry that we can’t hit a career .600, awkward, non-recruiting, now deceased head coach. But we just can’t.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s apples to apples when you consider the talent levels of each. He was playing with Sun Belt players against Sun Belt teams.

And I can assure you that if after 2-3 years of not winning anything, if it’s largely because of his defenses, Toney is gone. All the infrastructure and facilities changes would’ve never come under a guy like Leach. Because he’s good enough to win most of his games with what he has. That’s what a really really good coach does. The problem is we have that with Dan Mullen. Leach’s 2008 is no different than Mullen’s 2014. One outlier great season that still won nothing surrounded by a bunch 8-5 seasons. You’re clearly hammered. I’m sorry that we can’t hit a career .600, awkward, non-recruiting, now deceased head coach. But we just can’t.

What's to say Mullen wasn't all of those things including dead when we hired him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.